1 1,126 1,127 1,128 1,129 1,130 Previous Next 12,156 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 5:44 PM by iif0xh0undii Go to original post RSS
  • 11,270. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

Then explain the thinking behind the pre patch spas doing 25-5 damage and the 6 pellet ksg.  Anyone could have seen how week these weapons were at launch.

I also find it funny that the ksg and usas were set exactly back to their emags damage.  If it really was unintentional and the 50% damage increase was by accident it seems unlikely that they should be put back to that level.

A terrible thought occurs to me.  What if any other weapon class gets a 50% damage boost at launch.  All snipers one shot kill every where.  Smgs are generally a 2-4 bullet kill.  Ars are generally a 2-3 bullet kill.  The pkp, mg36, and L86 all become 2 bullet kills.  All of these are highly over powered.  But when shotgun got an "accidental" 50% damage increase only one becomes a balance problem. 

Shotguns have lost their 2 pellet kill up close, spread tightening while ads, and 80% movement rate all of which have been staples of shotguns since cod 2.  And at launch even a 50% damage boost does not make them good weapons.  Not to mention shotgun are the ONLY class that you need to invest 500+ kills in to reach what your team believes is a balanced damage output.  I see blatant discrimination in balancing.

• 11,271. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    maccabi

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

I apologize for the frustration maccabi. We have a new community team. We are in the process of establishing how this group coordinates messaging across the different social media outlets. As part of this process I will eventually withdraw from posting on these forums and individuals from the community management group will take my place on a full time basis.

Actually it's nice seeing someone has dragged mark (back) on to twitter, he's a good person to have answering questions given his long association with cod. (nothing against you meant there at all i meant just in regards to twitter interaction)

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

Regarding the suggestions you make they have been valuable. However, as I'm sure you understand these are systems that try to balance an inherently complex problem. We fixed all the things that obviously jumped out at us as being potential culprits. We wish to proceed in a more surgical manner. For what it's worth to dispel a misconception there is no active host disadvantage code running. I don't mean to imply that many hosts are not suffering a disadvantage, however.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

Yeah i know theres numerous sytems and algorithms chugging away in the background , I've made the mistake myself many moons back of tweaking one setting that had numerous unforeseen knock on consquences.

I get the pidgeon step approach and not knocking it at all im mearly surprised that issues such as whatever you want to now call host disadvantage has been an issue since day one and probably the most discussed single issue on the forums/ in the community. I said this before but people don't want to host and alot of people as im sure your aware have gone to great lenths by fiddling with their own networks to ensure they dont get host as aresult..this is the achilles heel so to speak in the listen server system and one thing I would have thought would have been top priorioty from the get go.

Without getting into the flawed go back to mw2 settings arguement , the fact does remain hosts in mw2 had a small noticable advantage, and in mw3 they have the complete opposite. (its one of the reasons i prefer playing on my bog standard bt adsl line rather than my leased line as i find the game completely unplayable and more importantly unenjoyable if im host and I know for fact it isnt my connection its something in the game code. (whatever you want to now call it).

anyways /rant over

oh and I think it's your turn to go scream at beachhead again, since I last brought it up.. activisionuk have again balled them out about 2am and 11pm clan ops we still have them..  matchmaking and playlist populaton is bad enough as it is but having to play at basically wierd hours means we suffer really bad quality sessions (and its a paid for service..)

• 11,272. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    maccabi

undertow0013 wrote:

like when mark rubin says the matchmaking fix is in the next 360 TU which is released on what date btw b/c its past the frustration state into being really pissed off i get it takes time i do but too much beating around the bush and saying 1 thing and it not being true just to pacify the affected community is not right  so when is said TU dropping b/c if its not in the next TU this month mark will get an earfull for lying

I''ve already pulled Mark up on this , this is what i meant in my earlier post about two differing conflicting bits of infomation.

The next TU (which is due 11th <-- most likely or 18th) is the one thats been in cert with the draganov fix dhm nerf ect, so any matchmaking patch per se then in theory is the one after the one after that as the next one would already be in the works and going off for 1st party cert seeing as IW would want to give it some time to collate data from their new instrumentation wizardary...

• 11,273. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    esmorgue

@G IH A IN ID II:

Please for the love of all things decent... DO NOT LEAVE US IN THE ARNS OF nO_oBs. No disrespect to the incoming, but I was on the IWF and I assure that this will be nothing more than a slap in our faces. I have seen the interaction that happens... They know nothing, cannot tell nothing, and will get back to us. I have yet to have heard from these very same people about boosters I have reported with pictures, people sending me messages about doing Gold Gun glitches and so forth that I have shown them.

My early frustrations on this thread are surely a by product of the IWF. CALL IT SHELL SHOCK. You, as I and others that have been around for years have stated and know all too well have done the  best service to this Community by being on here consistently, with KNOWLEDGE of what is going on in the " WAR ROOM ". Now something's may go awry at times but please take into consideration my plea.

• 11,274. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    coolwhhhip

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

coolwhhhip wrote:

Sorry guys, I think I shut Ghandi down when I asked him what the problem was regarding premium members and matchmaking. Must be a pretty embarrassing problem they found. the issue is one that has always faced

I'm still here. The issue is one of fracturing the community and is an old problem as you highlight. Additionally, we have many more playlists than in previous titles and this compounds the problem. The other issue is that we are more narrowly looking for people who match your specific player population due to the regional component of our matchmaking algorithms. We hope this issue will be resolved within the next two weeks.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

I was under the impression that there had been another problem that arose with premium members and matchmaking, something besides just the extra fracturing from the ELITE playlists.

• 11,275. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    coolwhhhip

esmorgue wrote:

@G IH A IN ID II:

Please for the love of all things decent... DO NOT LEAVE US IN THE ARNS OF nO_oBs. No disrespect to the incoming, but I was on the IWF and I assure that this will be nothing more than a slap in our faces. I have seen the interaction that happens... They know nothing, cannot tell nothing, and will get back to us. I have yet to have heard from these very same people about boosters I have reported with pictures, people sending me messages about doing Gold Gun glitches and so forth that I have shown them.

My early frustrations on this thread are surely a by product of the IWF. CALL IT SHELL SHOCK. You, as I and others that have been around for years have stated and know all too well have done the  best service to this Community by being on here consistently, with KNOWLEDGE of what is going on in the " WAR ROOM ". Now something's may go awry at times but please take into consideration my plea.

Absolutely agree. Ghandi's interaction here has been priceless, a breath of fresh air outside of generic corporate speak. I would have a lot more pessimistic outlook on COD if it wasn't for the discussion here. Please don't leave us with one of these generic, almost insulting position filler persons to get our information from. That's the last thing we want.

• 11,276. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    dedicatedserversplease

dedicatedserversplease wrote:

Hi Ghandi and Foxhound-

Ghandi and I had a discussion regarding the blast radius of the Javelin and how it is now being spammed at the start of every game of SnD.  I just finished a game where my team won 4-0 but in 3 rounds, I was killed by javelins.  I will post the three clip links below, please do not remove them so Ghandi can view them Foxhound.  I normally do not post videos, in fact I never have, but feel that these will show a good problem for SnD.

The first clip is borderline as the javeling lands on the building, it really didnt upset me because it could go either way, but a predator that lands in that spot would not of gotten the kill.  The next two are ridiculous and there is no way a person should die that far away, The team we were playing had on average 2-4 players firing javelins, makes SnD completely not fun and ruins the game mode.  Please take a look at this Ghandi and do something about it.

Clip 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2YDRdmgefY

Clip 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C086HZktauM

Clip 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldjtcc4ameA

Clips 2 + 3 should not even made it through testing.  Completely ruins the game mode and this happens all night long. Sorry for the poor editing, this was my very first time even entering theatre mode on MW3.  I normally play with theatre off, but turned it on today because Javelins have become an every game thing now.

Ghandi, want to be sure you seen my post.  Hoping for a response.  Thanks

• 11,277. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    esmorgue

@G IH A IN ID II,

PM sent.

• 11,278. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

Hi Ghandi and Foxhound-

Ghandi and I had a discussion regarding the blast radius of the Javelin and how it is now being spammed at the start of every game of SnD.  I just finished a game where my team won 4-0 but in 3 rounds, I was killed by javelins.  I will post the three clip links below, please do not remove them so Ghandi can view them Foxhound.  I normally do not post videos, in fact I never have, but feel that these will show a good problem for SnD.

The first clip is borderline as the javeling lands on the building, it really didnt upset me because it could go either way, but a predator that lands in that spot would not of gotten the kill.  The next two are ridiculous and there is no way a person should die that far away, The team we were playing had on average 2-4 players firing javelins, makes SnD completely not fun and ruins the game mode.  Please take a look at this Ghandi and do something about it.

Clip 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2YDRdmgefY

Clip 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C086HZktauM

Clip 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldjtcc4ameA

Clips 2 + 3 should not even made it through testing.  Completely ruins the game mode and this happens all night long. Sorry for the poor editing, this was my very first time even entering theatre mode on MW3.  I normally play with theatre off, but turned it on today because Javelins have become an every game thing now.

Ghandi, want to be sure you seen my post.  Hoping for a response.  Thanks

Did you ever once consider that you were just being really predictable and not to run that way?

Alternatively you could've just shot them with a sniper at the start of the game whilst they were firing Javelins across the map.

• 11,279. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    Nubdub

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

coolwhhhip wrote:

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

coolwhhhip wrote:

Sorry guys, I think I shut Ghandi down when I asked him what the problem was regarding premium members and matchmaking. Must be a pretty embarrassing problem they found. the issue is one that has always faced

I'm still here. The issue is one of fracturing the community and is an old problem as you highlight. Additionally, we have many more playlists than in previous titles and this compounds the problem. The other issue is that we are more narrowly looking for people who match your specific player population due to the regional component of our matchmaking algorithms. We hope this issue will be resolved within the next two weeks.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

Do you think with learning and advancements in the future, the systems you use in these games will be dynamic enough to possibly be able to trump disparities in internet quality and issues in player base fracturing to the point that all of the issues these things create will be gone? Just curious where you think all of this stands regarding the future. Cheers

We are learning all the time both from our successes and our failures. Our plans for the network layer in future titles have been influenced heavily by what we have discovered on MW3 both at IW and at other studios within Activision. The short answer is yes we are confident that connectivity will improve.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

Everything you say makes it seem more and more like we are beta testing this game for future titles. Is that what we are, beta testers? We paid $60-$100 to beta test your matchmaking and lag compensation "tweaks". Didn't people used to get paid to perform experiments for companies? Not have to pay the company that is experimenting on us.