1 1,122 1,123 1,124 1,125 1,126 Previous Next 12,156 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 5:44 PM by iif0xh0undii Go to original post RSS
  • 11,230. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

To be honest, I haven't played MW3 in almost 2 weeks and I have been a lot happier.  I tried EVERYTHING that GHANDI, Mac, Vimms, Activision customer support and every other person who "may" have a clue to improve my game play experience.  I paid $100+tax on MW3's hardened edition and am truly upset at how the game has played since launch....  I will put in the disc again once more than 1 or 2 people on this thread tell us that the fix that they are planning has worked.  Until then, I'm going to play some Zombies and try to get past round 40 on Ascension...  What I am about to say is what everyone I have spoken to have said as well.....FIX THE DAMN LAG/SYNC issues and we will play this game.  If not, IW, Sledgehammer, Raven, and Beachhead will NEVER see another penny of our money.  Just sayin...Cheers

• 11,231. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

esmorgue wrote:

Youre are talking to the wrong person. You said that you read almost every page on this thread. Well, I was one of the few that knew that G IH A IN ID II was on this thread, I even started a thread notifying people that here was a Dev on this Forum.  I had to and still do notify people he is on this thread.

I dont play Battlefield so I know nothing of what they have fixed or even know if they have.

i remember ur posts, i am just suprised that u re not freaking out after all...
    well just check that article one previous page, or wait i will link it
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/337096/dice-releases-enormous-list-of-upcom ing-battlefield-3-fixes-tweaks/

"The list runs across 11 Microsoft word pages, but he notes in a post on Battlelog that this "is still not a full update list and there will be more information on this as we go forward"."

so it seems to me that "our" devs arent really listening to us at all

and i am still not getting this post from page 401

"

Yes, thank you. What is exremely odd, however, is that these tweaks limit the max rewind time considerably for players with high round trip times. We had anticipated a decrease in WTF moments for those with lower pings to the host. We can adjust these settings very quickly now, and had reverted to values used in MW1 and onwards. The PS3 polls tend to suggest otherwise,at the moment which is baffling.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II. "

what exactly u can adjust so quickly Ghandi? ....

so yeah, i really feel more and more scamed , because soon there s November , BO2 out, and MW3 will be left alone without any "support".. cant decide if that s good or bad, kiddin... ....

• 11,232. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

Moabmauler wrote:

They aren't that effective anymore but can still kill a jugg wth 3/4 of the 2 clips. My point is Ghandi said that smaws and rpgs need to kill a jugg in one hit because you need to kill them somehow. Thats total BS when all you have to do is stun a jugg then run up to hm with akimbo FMGs. Thats a problem but I'd be happy using a jugg if they just fixed the OHKs on them.

I'd say (and have said) that the bigger problem is that you can so easily kill a Juggernaut with Akimbo FMGs, not that the SMAW/RPG should be nerfed because you can easily kill a Juggernaut with Akimbo FMGs.

Even if they've long refused to admit that akimbo machine pistols were a bad idea.

• 11,233. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

esmorgue wrote:

If it is not accepted that IW had limited resources before the game came and still are after the game. Then,  well. Stop knocking. They were trying to hire people the week of release. They are limited to what can be done by the amount of people who can do it.

I like it no more than the next person. Yet I have known of the departure of a key individuals. They need 3 studios to get this game out. Now, what do you think the other 2 are focused on? A: Their projects, or B: This project.

so where s money from sales of 26.3 million copies of MW3?
    how come game which sold much more than BF3, cant be fixed and there s no money for it???
    if Ghandi cant do anything with game, why he wont give us contacts to people who can do something about it, he got that question before, ofcourse didnt answered..

• 11,234. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

ILikeLaglessGames wrote:

Are you really encouraging people to spam FMGs?  (-_-)

and this FMG akimbo issue or other akimbo secondaries... omg...

that s like issue from day 1 and after 7 months it s "barely" fixed, when they first accidentally buffed it up or something, geez...
    like if we cant get FMG fixed, and get option to turn MUSIC OFF, then i really dont know, if there s really just one person at least sitting at computer and editing some file in MS DOS 6.22 in Norton Commander...

seriously, if they couldnt fix it, they could release configuration files to public and ask players who re skilled in programming for help..

but no.. rather to put money into TV commercials, or Xbox commercials or whatever and yeah that s so great, when i see some "actor" in camo outfit telling on xbox live how great new map pack is, that s what we need!

• 11,235. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

TriggerHappyClown wrote:

Resources have nothing to do with it.  The hotfix system makes the implementation of stat changes take almost no time or effort.  Its litterally open a file, change a value, save and upload. 

Things like weapon balance, how much a perk like blast shield protects you, effects of a rocket on a jugg, and others take almost no time to implement because of the existing infrastructure of the hotfix system.

did they ever asked for volunteers to test with people all around world , their fixes and tweaks? did they?
    if they didnt, why...

• 11,236. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

esmorgue wrote:

What does this even have to do with this thread? Nothing so delete it and move on to another thread. Youbare useless here and only taking up space.

@G IH A IN ID II,

Why is it that you guys never notify when servers are down? That is poor communication to say the least, and just all around disrespectful to those that have paid for a service that they are entitled to, yet cannot enjoy due the servers being down.

We will inform users when our services are down. To my knowledge, however, we have maintained a 100% uptime on the MW3 backend, although I'll need to verify this across every platform. We are, however, reliant upon Xbox Live, Steam, PSN, Nintendo, YouTube and Facebook services. If these are down you will not be able to connect or certain in game functionality will not work. Our backend team can usually detect when this is the case. I'll speak to Tina and the community team and see if we can do a better job coordinating with our counterparts at these companies to keep you informed.

BTW I'm told that the LMG nerf on PS3 was fixed yesterday at noon along with the map exploits that people pointed out that the team deemed exploitable.

We are looking into how the LMG settings got reverted to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 11,237. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

esmorgue wrote:

Where are the deatails given exactly what the hotfix system is. How long does it take to take effect, how long do the effects last? They surly didn't work in Black Ops or this game as patches do. I do not work for them nor do 99.9% of the people on this forum. So me believing what they have told me and others, then not believing what they say it quite possibly the dumbest thing to point out.... What do you think?

The hot-fix system is limited in the number of fixes we can simultaneously hold at any one time. Additionally not all matters can be addressed via the system. The hot-fix changes we make then migrate to the subsequent TU when most of the hot-fix queue can generally be flushed. Additionally, the game runs extremely close to system resource limits, particularly on PS3, so great care has to be taken when deploying fixes that memory boundaries do not overrun. It's not just a case of text editing some files and pushing a fix.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 11,238. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

Moabmauler wrote:

IW needs to grow a pair and stop worrying about the risk of what they do in the updates. Also the all seem to think they all got it "right" the first time. Thats total BS* f you ask me. You have guns like the PKP and MG36 that are completely inferior the L86. Question is, why arn't they doing anything about it? Look at BF3 for example. It least they got the balls to do what needs to be done.  Is the technology IW is using really that bad that they can't do anything, or are they just that lazy? It has to be either one. Take when I asked Ghandi about if they are going to fix OHKs Smaws and rpgs are doing to Juggs. He said " you got to kill them somehow." Anybody who played this game for any significant amount of time would know that there are plenty of easy ways to kill a jugg besides using a smaw, like stunning him then spraying him with akimbo FMGs. The problem with IW is their fixed, one way views towards things. They refuse to rethink things and take action against problems.

OHKs to a Juggernaut are only possible to the head if the Juggernaut is at full health. If you feel this point streak reward is too weak, there are other options to select from.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 11,239. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

NoFutureForYou wrote:

esmorgue wrote:

If it is not accepted that IW had limited resources before the game came and still are after the game. Then,  well. Stop knocking. They were trying to hire people the week of release. They are limited to what can be done by the amount of people who can do it.

I like it no more than the next person. Yet I have known of the departure of a key individuals. They need 3 studios to get this game out. Now, what do you think the other 2 are focused on? A: Their projects, or B: This project.

so where s money from sales of 26.3 million copies of MW3?
    how come game which sold much more than BF3, cant be fixed and there s no money for it???
    if Ghandi cant do anything with game, why he wont give us contacts to people who can do something about it, he got that question before, ofcourse didnt answered..

And what contacts might they be? IW is always looking to hire qualified individuals, all they need do is apply. You can do this at www.infinityward.com.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II