1 1,120 1,121 1,122 1,123 1,124 Previous Next 12,156 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 5:44 PM by iif0xh0undii Go to original post RSS
  • 11,210. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

Do you think you are on the BF3 forum?

• 11,211. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

dtrain4569 wrote:

Do you think you are on the BF3 forum?

Um i think he was being sarcastic maybe??

• 11,212. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

Chairman Meow wrote:

I'm sorry, but I've had it with the poor communication on the Dev's parts. It's been what? 7 months since release? And all I've seen is one Dev talking with the community. And little gets done anyway.

Your game is far from perfect, the community knows it, and you know it. Just look at what Dice promised and fixed, all in one go: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/337096/dice-releases-enormous-list-of-upcom ing-battlefield-3-fixes-tweaks/#

What have you guys done: http://community.callofduty.com/thread/100584619?start=0&tstart=0

Just that? Just that in 7 months? That is pathetic. Battlefield 3 may be on a much larger scale the MW3, but the ammount of fixes you've supplied are far from proportional.

I'm willing to bet by the end of this year, when you've all moved on to developing another bi-annual cash-grab, that your game will not be fixed. Little will be done since now. The networking will still be appalling, and so will the weapon and perk balance. 

Go ahead, prove me wrong. But you won't.

when i see that list of fixes of BF3, i want ... i wont ever write what i want

but this is nice reply from topic Class Action Against Activision/Sledgehammer/infityWard Etc

"im not in the legal field but i can tell u this much , U HAVE NO CASE...NOONE DOES. WHY U ASK? U SIGNED A DIGITAL TERMS OF SERVICE WHEN U BOUGHT THE GAME AND LOGGED ONTO THEIR SERVERS , IT STATES THEY MAKE NO GUARANTEES AS TO QUALITY OR QUANTITY OF SERVICE. which means it is up to them as to how it works and there is nothing anyone can say about it. just think of it like this , they are god and when ur on mw3 online they are letting u play in their world. at any point in time they can just shut it all down and tell everyone to kick rocks , with no legal recourse of course. hope this helps!"

we re seriously doomed, there s no light at the end of tunnel..

• 11,213. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    anoreo

Just because you signed it doesn't mean it's completely enforceable in the eyes of the law. If a car dealer said their car was the best car ever and you will be completely satisfied, but had to sign a document saying you can't complain if it fails on you, and it fails as soon as you get off the dealership property, you could probably fight it. Not that I'm supporting the lawsuit, just giving my input.

• 11,214. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

man this is just mess...

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/338564/20120508/call-duty-black-ops-2-release-da te.htm

‘Call of Duty: Black Ops 2’ Release Could Create Legal Issues For Activision, Will It Delay The Game’s Launch?

Treyarch recently announced their next venture into the “Call of Duty” franchise, confirming rumors that the game will be a sequel to their 2010 title. “Black Ops 2” is slated for a November 2012 release, and fans are gearing up for the Los Angeles based Cold War shooter. However, Activision could be facing some legal troubles over the new game’s setting.

According to Game Informer, over two years ago details of a lawsuit between Infinity Ward and Activision began to surface, with one point stating that "Call of Duty" titles set after Vietnam would be exclusive to Infinity Ward. The video game magazine obtained court documents that include a clause printed in Infinity Ward's Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). The clause reads as follows:

"Activision will retain authority and responsibility over all titles within the 'Call of Duty' franchise (specifically excluding any 'Call of Duty' title set in modern day (post Vietnam). the near future or distant future, which shall be under the authority of IW consistent with and subject to Sections 2(a) and (b)). including all creative, development and publishing decisions; provided that IW will be entitled to receive a residual IP bonus and a technology bonus from products published under the 'Call of Duty' brand as outlined in Section 3(d)."  

"[Pulling Black Ops II from the shelves] is likely a possible remedy," he said. "This does occasionally happen, but I think it is much more likely that the remedy would be some sort of damages payment, like a forced royalty."

He continued to say that at this stage in the game's development, it could be difficult to halt the process if legal troubles were to arise.

"It seems like 'Black Ops 2' is likely substantially complete," Chad said to Game Informer. "That might make it hard for the court to order them to change it. Much more likely would be either of the remedies you discussed above...Damages, in my opinion, are the most likely."

Before the second "Black Ops" title was even announced, Activision found themselves in a different legal battle with Infinity Ward. On April 27th the "Infinity Ward Employee Group" filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles Supreme Court against Activison for an alleged breach of contract and a breach of the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing, according to G4. The company is seeking unpaid royalties from Activision.

"Activision owes my clients approximately $75 million to 4125 million dollars," Bruce Isaccs, an attorney for Infinity Ward at Wyman & Isaccs said to G4 in April. "Activision has withheld most of the money to force many of my people to stay, some against their will, so that they would finish the delivery of 'Modern Warfare 3.' That is not what they wanted to do. Many of them. My clients' entitled to their money. Activision has no right to withhold their money--our money."

As of now, it is unclear what kind of action Infinity Ward will take, if any at all, against Activision regarding "Call of Duty: Black Ops 2." Activision reps have no commented on the matter.

• 11,215. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

anoreo wrote:

Just because you signed it doesn't mean it's completely enforceable in the eyes of the law. If a car dealer said their car was the best car ever and you will be completely satisfied, but had to sign a document saying you can't complain if it fails on you, and it fails as soon as you get off the dealership property, you could probably fight it. Not that I'm supporting the lawsuit, just giving my input.

main problem we re facing as humans, that we cant really cooperate with each other, and make deal about something and do what we said before.
    if we could together just small group of people who will actually put pressure on IW,activision etc. we can get some results
    but u can see even in this topic, users with same ingame experience will end up attacking each one...
    so if we will continue like this, corporations , politicians, infnity ward etc. will just continue to treat us as cows, good for milking and keeping mouth shut

imagine what can happen if we got 100 000 ppls for blackout in mw3, for one day, that will draw attention, but u cant do that if u have 200 000 or more lil kids with pathetic internet connection in god mode, drooling over double XP they recently got from IW, to sabotage that blackout..

• 11,216. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

Get the portable radar out of S&D now, or otherwise heavily nerf it. This is such a joke.

• 11,217. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    esmorgue

What does this even have to do with this thread? Nothing so delete it and move on to another thread. Youbare useless here and only taking up space.

@G IH A IN ID II,

Why is it that you guys never notify when servers are down? That is poor communication to say the least, and just all around disrespectful to those that have paid for a service that they are entitled to, yet cannot enjoy due the servers being down.

• 11,218. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

This is a thread for suggestions and complaints. 

Nerf portable radar.

• 11,219. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

it has everything with this thread, this game, us.. if u cant understand it i am sorry
    obviously there s lot of stuff happening in background, so all we re getting is for 7months, it s just really weird "fixes" and we got Ghandi telling us same things he said before, while game is almost same.

and u re doing exactly what i mentioned , instead of putting heads together and find the way, how to wake up Infinity Ward, u just attack other player, who have same problems with game, and he s also not happy about it, especially after 7 months full of promises

so YEAH if we re divided we wont achieve anything, as Ghandi said somewhere before in this 751 pages, that s just "minority" of players experiencing problem with matchmaking and lag compensation...

if u re ok with listening to empty promises until november, then fine go ahead

just trying to wake up IW, and u wont wake corporations with telling em "please", "how are u today?" , "u been on E3, yay?" but nvm

and if u re telling me anything about wasting space, did u actually read 751 pages of this thread, because i did.. and there s much more senseless stuff written here, while polite posts asking for example for rebalance of AK47, withouth any bad word or irony or anything, just disappear without trace..
    wow awesome!