28 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2012 12:26 PM by Izjar11 RSS

Why use this word?

Izjar11

I cannot comprehend or understand how or why people use the word R-ape to describe wining or beating someone else. This word should be banned from the game and this forum. For those who use this word, dudes stop, think about it. Its about the most insulting thing said in this community for absolute no reason what so ever!

• Re: Why use this word?

I use it to insult little kiddies, right after I tell them that I'm their real daddy and just before I explain about their knitting needle scar.

twinkeeze

When someone uses that word or the N word they find themselves on my mute list instantly, just a couple of words I dont want to hear.

wridtrvlr

There is constant hate in the lobbies.  They are just words and you just have to ignore them.  Yes, it's annoying when a little 8 year old brat screams at you they they ****** your mom, but who cares really?  I always just laugh it off and that seems to piss them off more than a response. 

Thesandman

Izjar, i have wanted to say what you have said for so long,but was afraid of being labelled an old fashioned git. I totally agree that the R**e word is wrong and is an insult to female and male gamers alike. What if the person called the name has actually been in real life? Ihate that word the most,followed by N****r,tryhard,hardscope,scrub,noob etc etc.

Thing is i don't remember these words being used back in the COD4 MW and World at war days, Must be a generational thing, but as you say its wrong.

Izjar11

old fashioned, lol. Forget that, God forbid that anyone here on this forum something like Ra---e happens to them, they wont be laughing or using it. I hardly hear that word, ever outside a CNN news report about it, and its consequences or here. Go figure.

TheBeastlyDude

If you look up your word, it also mean abusive treatment which is exactly what I love doing on the game.

rlbl

Not to defend the word or the ignorant people who use it but, the word does have many (accepted) meanings

noun

the unlawful compelling of a person through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse.

any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person.

an act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse; despoliation; violation: the **** of the countryside.

Archaic . the act of seizing and carrying off by force.

The 1st 3 definitions are obviously bad to use in ignorance, but the 4th and 5th definition do fit the bill.

I do not use it (although after hearing it many times it has slipped out in the past *shame on me*), but to the ignorant, it does fit right up there with

Ni**er (a black person... very degrading, and not a buddy, or stupid person)

noob (someone who is new; and not an idiot or a camper)

try-hard (someone trying to excel... often failing)

scrub (something you do when you burn milk to the bottom of a pot; and not a person who is bad at the game)

Ignorant people often use words without having a clue what they mean... Stupid people use them knowing full well what they mean, and still insist on using them out of context...

dalger22

Mute works wonders.  Use it and you won't have to worry about it. 

Having said that, some people are overally sensitive.  I happen to be an African-American male that has a pretty good job and pay.  However, I don't care what some teenager still living at home or some adult whose education stopped at 5th grade has to say.  You can't take people seriously in the videogame world because most are just looking for the attention.  I just mute them and move on.

I think all the insultling and bad mouthing in general on the mics is pretty sad. It's a game...enjoy it. You know that if you were in a room with these people you wouldn't act so pathetically. Breathe..it's fun!!

If I hear ni**er or fa**ot I immediately report for offensive language. **** I don't see as a bad word. It's all left to interpretation. Some words can't be interpreted in a good light. These words should be banable. **** is one of those words. Some may be offended others not so much. Granted if someone has been raped they will see the bad definition. However others who haven't been raped may not. In my country we have freedom of speech and these things fall under that. You are free to yell ni**er or fa**ot but I will report it. It's hardcore offensive even if you aren't black or gay. **** I see as only offensive to those who've been raped and see it as others making light of the situation.

People will use the most obscene, disgusting, & degrading words they can possibly think of, i hear people all the time saying extremely hateful things to other people on this game, if there is a word that is more harsh than **** then youll be hearing alot of it sooner than later. The younger generation of people try alot harder to be alot meaner. There are alot of kids on the game that do seem to be cool but thats probably because they are not teenagers yet. Just wait and they will all be raping each other and eating each others faces off.

Its a poor use of the word, I agree, but it doesn't bother me too much. I tend to just tune out most of the stuff I hear online. Its really hard to get upset over any of it when half of the people claimed to have slept with my mom, and the other half claim that I'm either gay or a no life. Its just really hard to take any of that stuff seriously, and yea people shouldn't be using the word r@pe like that, but in all honestly its just one of the many stupid things children say online.

Izjar11 wrote:

I cannot comprehend or understand how or why people use the word R-ape to describe wining or beating someone else. This word should be banned from the game and this forum. For those who use this word, dudes stop, think about it. Its about the most insulting thing said in this community for absolute no reason what so ever!

I don't get it either. it's so damn stupid.