24 Replies Latest reply: Jun 2, 2012 5:20 PM by supervelous RSS

Unbalanced

Something needs to be done I don't get why everything that helps campers is really powerful and one of them might even be overpowered I mean come on they have the heart beat sensor they have the motion sensor they even have the trophy system they have Assassin and Blind Eye and now they have a perk that can be considered over powered Sit Rep Pro and in a month they will have Blast Shield in hardcore they even have lethal equipment known as the bouncing betty and the claymore. Also they can spawn trap and spawn camp the easy to exploit spawn system and if they wanna be invincible they can just lag themselves. It's annoying the campers have so much that make them invincible that it's not even funny anymore. The people who run n gun don't have infinite sprint anymore they can't move fast anymore they don't have powerful rockets and grenades anymore we don't have the ability to replenish tactical and lethal grenades anymore and can't replenish rockets and grenades anymore we don't even have lunged knifing anymore. Seriously something needs to be done this game is too one sided the developers need to balance this game so anyone with skill can actually play. Before anyone comes on here and says I can kill campers easily provide actual proof because I'll just assume your someone trying defend camping. Before you call me a cry baby and that I need to adapt you campers complain way more about things that hinder or kill you the recon drone and stealth bomber and EMP are fine examples. Before you say campers are better players let me just say if runner n gunners didn't exist in this game you campers wouldn't be able to get a kill at all and can't say it will be the other way around because if campers didn't exist the runner n gunners could still get kills if not more. Before you say I need to stop running like a headless chicken I just wanna say I wouldn't have to run around if you weren't camping so hard. Before you say I camp to make people like you rage then explain to me why everytime I own a team of campers they rage quit or if I own one camper they rage quit. Face it if there was more runner n gunners on the forum you wouldn't have gotten your way on this game. I am not saying campers are bad just the ones who troll forums saying the game isn't balanced and the ones who do nothing but complain about things that hinder or kill them.

• Re: Unbalanced
    wadeywilson

Some of the items you list are useful against campers.

Rockets, portable radar can also be used agressively, to check out buildings before entering, and my ultimate favourite, smoke! Smoke down then rush or flank!

Even with tactics this game is still unbalanced and one sided it's sad noobs can be killed over and over and they won't even care but the minute a camper gets killed or hindered they instantly declare that thing overpowered.

I cant stand camping, but its really not that big a of deal for me. When i play, more people are running around rather than camping. Also, can you explain how you think Sitrep is an "overpowered" perk? Out of all the perks, to me, thats at the bottom of the list for being considered "overpowered".

tracy

Because it now counters dead silence so people can't creep around and shoot you in the back, that's the only reason I can think of.

It's because you can now hear anything no matter what and it's amplified.

Thats it? Thats not even a big advantage at all... Look at Assassin, (Not that im saying anything is over-powered) that perk pretty much makes you invisible. I dont know, maybe im the only person who doesnt listen to footsteps, but that seems like it would only be a minor problem.

tracy

I run sitrep when playing dropzone so I don't get caught out and listening to footsteps gets really annoying after a while as you not only hear the enemy you hear your own teamates and I don't rely on map that much so when I turn to look I sometimes get shot in the back

azn_chic

In HC game modes, because we don't have a perma-minimap, us HC players depend on hearing footsteps and other noices to determine enemy positions. That being said, I like that Sitrep is finally a useful perk lol

tracy

So true, just a shame there's a few idiots out there who destroy their own teams equipment to unlock pro version, it's so much more satisfiying knowing you had to work hard to do it the legitimate way than costing an ally something

Thats acutally a really good reason to listen to footsteps. I like playing HC and never thought of specifically listening to footsteps. Good idea, but i dont have a mic and i hate playing with my TV sound turned up a lot, haha.

I know everyone as their own playstyle, but i was just curious as to why out of all the perks he thought sitrep was "overpowered". Oh, and i just thought of something. You cant really be sure if anyone on the other team is listening to your footsteps unless you see that hes using sitrep. But even then he could have it just for noticing enemy equipment, like when i use it.

azn_chic

In Core modes you can see what Perks the enemy is using in the Killcam. But in HC modes there is no such thing. I always just assume that everyone is listening, so if I'm trying to creep up on someone I crouch, then they can't hear you...there problem solved lol

Glad to see no one is trolling the forum kudos to you sorry if it seems that I am complaining a lot I haven't had a good game in a week.

azn_chic

dude, welcome to the club. i played for 3 hours yesterday for the Clan Op, but haven't played just for the hell of it for over a week now. getting PWND due to crappy connection gets old really fast for me

nicedrewishfela

First of all, your punctuation and paragraph usage are unbalanced. Man my eyes hurt.

Campers can be dealt with, just like run and gunners, quick-scopers, and everything else.  I recommend grenades, but lead with an EMP grenade to deal with their Trophy systems.  It can be frustrating, but I would say to maybe try different modes if you are fed up with the ones you are playing. I play HC, and while there is a lot of camping, it can be overcome with a concerted team effort.

The game is still unbalanced I have already tried your tactics many times still can't seem to get by because of the laggy connections. Seriously they need to put all the counters to camping back into the game as well.

The game isnt unbalanced. You just cant find a way to beat a certain type of player. The camper is only 1 type of player out of the whole game. The game cant be unbalanced just because some people camp sometimes and you die because they camp. Not trying to get all up on your case, but thats just what it sounds like from reading your posts, man.

I was just saying they should put all the counters to camping back into the game such as unlimited sprint and sprinting faster and and powerful grenades and rockets and the ability to replenish tactical and lethal grenades and the ability to replenish rockets and grenades also.

They should really patch flashbangs and gernades that will decrease camping by a whole bunch.

supervelous

I tried to read the OP but I just couldn't....paragraphs are our friend!!  Use them!  Also, be concise, did you really need to write that much to get your point across? 

Your point I believe, is that the game is noob friendly, too many aspects cater to campers and they nerfed some things that benefit rushers.

I agree to an extent, you can't overwhelm bad players as well as you could in past CODs, but this helps make the game accessible to more people and makes IW/Activision more money, which is all they care about.