15 Replies Latest reply: May 29, 2012 5:12 PM by Gunzby RSS

Whats Up With Match Making...?

Past week or so cannot get a decent connection in a game. I'm now waiting forever to get a lobby full of mixed lag, 2 bars, 3 etc - I always have 4 bars and its still just shocking.

Anything changed? My broadband is pretty decent (7 down, 1.2 up) and i'm in central London so i'm sure there are plenty of games I could be paired with! Even tried Core TDM where the bulk of players are and same story... Glitchy crap the whole time.

• Re: Whats Up With Match Making...?
    sjo74

Same with me,living in Sweden and getting matched with people from USA, Russia, Canada, France, greece, Italy, spain and even South Africa... No wonder why it´s unplayable?? How hard can it be to match with people in nearby?

rankismet

7 wrote:

Past week or so cannot get a decent connection in a game. I'm now waiting forever to get a lobby full of mixed lag, 2 bars, 3 etc - I always have 4 bars and its still just shocking.

Anything changed? My broadband is pretty decent (7 down, 1.2 up) and i'm in central London so i'm sure there are plenty of games I could be paired with! Even tried Core TDM where the bulk of players are and same story... Glitchy crap the whole time.

I ping 100ms over 3000 miles (coast to coast US)... last night... I got matched to a game with a German host.

Matchmaking is absolutely broken.

I ping from ATL to LA in around 115 ms, yet the game sticks me in UK lobbies all the time. I dont get it at all. Oh, you have good internet, why not play with people across the ocean, it'll be ok, and they need people to fill up their lobbies.

rankismet

deadestllama wrote:

I ping from ATL to LA in around 115 ms, yet the game sticks me in UK lobbies all the time. I dont get it at all. Oh, you have good internet, why not play with people across the ocean, it'll be ok, and they need people to fill up their lobbies.

Yep... why in world MW3 screws people over who pay for good internet is beyond me.

djshari

actually I have found mine has improved. I am on the WI/IL border and was playing with someone less than an hour away from me in Chicago and we kept getting into lobbies with people from Canada and Mexico, this past weekend it seemed like I was finding more lobbies with people from WI, IN etc which was nice.

Well instead of hitting the supposed <50ms lobby straight away i'm now stuck waiting and end up in lag hell. To be honest I don't mind waiting - i've always said that I wish they hadnt set the timer to give up in like 2 seconds 'searching for <50ms... found 50 games.' Give up after 2 secs, <75ms, give up <100ms... give up.

Would be fine if it spent some time matching us properly. There must be thousands of people in the UK/Europe playing TDM... Also sucks in a party as you get some mismatched lobby based on who knows what.

risensei

It has been unplayable for a while. US here and I end up in French or Italian lobbies. Pure rubish. I don't care for BF3 but I am forced back to it. Some lag here n there but nothing like MW3!last week I picked up ghost Recon. I am not a fan of the third person BUT! No lag....none, flawless game after game. So it can be done,.... This is activisions fault. Period!

CowboySr

Yes, something has happened in the last 2 weeks, cause I no longer get 4 bars, at all. And Im suffering from it horribly.  Im shooting people in the back only for them to just turn around and 1shot me.   As if it wasnt bad to begin with.

Ollie_Dawg

Something changed in the last update as my story is exactly the same. I can't find 50ms lobbies any more and I used to get them regularly. When my character runs, it feels like there's an anchored bungee attached to his back.

Yeah some lobbies I get in game and literally can't stand still. Some i'm putting a claymore down and theres a clear almost 1 sec delay on the sound as it plants. I dunno what changed but literally i'm failing ever since, not finding <50ms lobbies is new to me!

luckeeeluciano

Same here.  I thought it couldn't get any worse.  It apparently could.  I have been repeatedly killed now by people not even facing me.  Can't get into <50ms lobbies at all.  Once and a while I will hit a lobby that works and I enjoy and do well.  But, other than the 10% worth of good lobbies, I get nothing but crap now.  I mean, not even mediocre, absolute crap.

MaxKirgan

This past weekend I was getting into a lot of lobbies with players from Puerto Rico. They had one or two bars and were all walking around like they had juggernaut and ballistic vests combined. Entire mag, and they wouldn't go down. In Hardcore. Complete BS. What pisses me off even more is they trash talk like they're the greatest in the world, when they're using they're crappy connection as a crutch.

Gunzby

Last week when the dlc came out it was awful for me. During the weekend it was terrible too until I disabled dlc. Once I did that it was great through the weekend.

Fast forward to this morning and I get on after work. I figured to only play for an hour so I disabled dlc and it was awful. I backed out and enabled dlc and now it's great again. Heck I played for two hours instead of one.