1 1,047 1,048 1,049 1,050 1,051 Previous Next 12,156 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 5:44 PM by iif0xh0undii Go to original post RSS
  • 10,480. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

Honestly I've been playing S&D almost exclusively (since Mw1 days) now since December, the music isn't that big of a deal. The only ones I've come across who have made that same request all almost have headsets and just want to sound whore even more.

But like Ghandi said before the MP team already thought of that.

With the update to SRP, having no music is like ringing the dinner bell for everybody else.

At least that's how I feel about it.

• 10,481. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

Ghandi, Can you have the multiplayer team take another Look at Blast Shield?

It seems EXTREMELY underpowered in standard game modes.

When playing Black Ops and i'm wearing flak jacket. I don't feel too worried about grenades. Sure i'm no tank. But i don't feel like i'll die from a single claymore or a betty+Flashbang. (which happened today)

In both of those cases i was wearing a riot shield with my secondary out. Claymore instakilled me and i took a flashbang before i took the betty to the face

In MW3 it feels like i'm wearing a suit of rubber. Sure it might deflect some of those grenade explosions. But it just doesn't do it well enough to warrant loss of killing power (quickdraw) Stealth (assassin) or even Hardline (Dem assists!)

Could you just notify them about blast shields seemingly lack of protection against explosives? Sure it's viable but that doesn't mean it's good.

• 10,482. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

asasa wrote:

Did you really say what I think you said? That the AA12 is intentionally a trash weapon and that you dont want people to use it? THEN WHY IS IT IN THE GAME?

I didn't say that. The team feel it is a very effective weapon at close range because it is teh only full auto SG. However, we did not want to encourage overuse of this gun in mid-long range situations for game performance reasons. I have explained this before. If you don't like the AA-12 asasa then there are other SGs to use.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

Is that how the team feels? That's funny, I've never heard anybody else say that. Having leveled the gun up to lvl 28/29, I can honestly say it is by far the worst weapon in the game, and I completely agree with the below statements.

I quote from CoD Wiki:

"The AA-12 has been reduced in power from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 in several ways, with the spread being much wider (the widest of all shotguns in fact) and the damage per pellet being reduced from a 20 to 15. It maintains its incredibly low ammunition count from Modern Warfare 2, having a total of only 16 shells without the use of Scavenger. The AA-12 also has very poor range, in some cases requiring up to or more than an entire magazine to kill at the edge of its usable range"

"Without any of the mentioned proficiencies and attachment, it is outranged, outpowered and outlasted by most other weapons in the game, making indirect engagements more necessary to secure kills. Since the AA-12 has the lowest range of any weapon in-game, keeping your engagements close quarters is neccesary to perform. But most of the time the low damage and range will get you out-performed by almost every gun. The January 25th update makes the AA-12 even more underpowered, as it no longer gains extra pellets from Extended Mags and has not been updated with the extra pellets built in as the USAS 12 and the KSG 12 have."

• 10,483. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

Zerotick wrote:

Ghandi. My man.

The AA-12 doesn't need more range. No the range is already horrible. But people that use it want more damage. If it takes 4-6 shots to kill somebody with a shotgun that has half the range of the Spas. Something is wrong.

You need to either increase the firerate or the damage so it kills faster. because as it stands the AA-12 kills FAR too slowly. Even Assault rifles inside of the AA-12's range will kill faster than the Aa-12 does.

Please can we take it as read that I've heard this communities' opinion on shotguns. I really don't want to get bogged down in SG replies because I try to reply to as many people as possible.

I think we'd all agree that the number one issue we have with the game is network performance at the moment. Game performance and lag/sync is only as good as the session into which the player is placed. We know what has happened to cause the degradation in performance in the past week or so. This is what I and the team are focusing our attention on.

The host issues are separate from this. These too are being worked on as a matter of priority.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

I could swear there are separate teams for networking and weapon balance. Really, how much effort is it to change around some values in order to buff up a gun that might just be the worst gun in COD history?

• 10,484. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

Chairman Meow wrote:

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

Zerotick wrote:

Ghandi. My man.

The AA-12 doesn't need more range. No the range is already horrible. But people that use it want more damage. If it takes 4-6 shots to kill somebody with a shotgun that has half the range of the Spas. Something is wrong.

You need to either increase the firerate or the damage so it kills faster. because as it stands the AA-12 kills FAR too slowly. Even Assault rifles inside of the AA-12's range will kill faster than the Aa-12 does.

Please can we take it as read that I've heard this communities' opinion on shotguns. I really don't want to get bogged down in SG replies because I try to reply to as many people as possible.

I think we'd all agree that the number one issue we have with the game is network performance at the moment. Game performance and lag/sync is only as good as the session into which the player is placed. We know what has happened to cause the degradation in performance in the past week or so. This is what I and the team are focusing our attention on.

The host issues are separate from this. These too are being worked on as a matter of priority.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

I could swear there are separate teams for networking and weapon balance. Really, how much effort is it to change around some values in order to buff up a gun that might just be the worst gun in COD history?

There are different teams. However, the weapon balance designers also fix and script other problems as well, for example, the list of fixes that I published that will appear in the upcoming TU. Things are assigned a priority. For example, the DMH change was deemed a higher priority than further SG buffs. Similarly Face Off game mode scripting was assigned a higher priority. I understand the frustration when something that is to the person posting deemed a most critical issue is not assigned a high priority. I stand by the fact, however, that this request is not game breaking at this rime and repeat the suggestiom that if the AA-12 is deemed so bad there are other SGs for the player to use.

This will be the last SG related post to which I will respond until other issues are resolved. I hope SG users will understand this.

Respectfully,

G IH A IN ID II

• 10,485. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

CourtRoom wrote:

GHANDI, point me out assuming you have already posted it but what specific changes have you guys implemented to the Dead Man's Hand (I realize it's the C4 explosive radius; but in comparison with pre-patch DMH) and Dragunov "rebalance"?

I know people will eventually make comparison videos for the two changes above but I think many will like to know what exactly has changed and how it contrasts to how it was.  Did the Dragunov receive a damage buff or did the view kick and/or recoil get toned down?  Is DMH blast radius the same as a normal C4 or something between pre-patch and C4 radius?  Perhaps some stats and numbers for those interested in that kind of stuff - e.g. COD Wiki.

I believe the DMH efficacy is identical to C4 now, and the Dragunov got a recoil and kick adjustment because it is the SR with the lowest speed modifier in the game. I'll confirm this, however.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 10,486. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

"Higher priority than further SG buffs" Last i checked only the USAS-12 was buffed compared to release.

All the other shotguns are still equal or worse.

AA-12 deals 50% less damage now (w/ Damage) compared to a AA-12 w/ Damage and Extended mags from launch

Striker was nerfed

KSG is still the same strength as launch

Spas recieved a mixture of buffs/nerfs. Overall it was more nerfed than buffed (lost 4 pellets but recieved minor damage/min damage increases

Model is unchanged

No need for a reply. I'm simply stating the facts.

Also

Dead Mans Hand was in no way game breaking.

Why? Because Blast Shield prevents it from being a one-hit kill. (Which is the only thing Blast shield is actually useful for. Well that and being able to survive having your riot shield stuck with Semtex and (usually) being able to survive)

The Dragunov is also the Sniper Rifle Equivalent to the the Model

Takes SKILL to use. Take your time and aim your shots and you'll be rewarded with a one-shot kill. It also has a high base Movespeed (on par with bolt actions) and a pretty nice Magazine size.

If anything is game breaking it's the fact that C4 can ONE HIT KILL THROUGH BLAST SHIELD, Stuns and Flashbangs are overpowered beyond reason(They can last for OVER 7 seconds, and a well thrown one will completely negate the entire purpose of riot shields).

"Just use blast shield bro" No. Just no. Blast shield is a complete joke, Especially the Pro version.

(EDIT!!)The BLAST SHIELD Equipment item from MW2 was ACTUALLY BETTER than the blast shield perk. Why? Because it didn't take a T2 perk slot and REDUCED ALL EXPLOSIVE DAMAGE by 65%!, AND MADE YOU IMMUNE TO STUNS. That is %10 more of a damage reduction than MW3's Blast Shield Perk

Blast shield DESPERATELY needs a buff. And that fact is proven when it doesn't do the job it's supposed to (Protect you from explosives, Which clearly isn't happening if C4 one-shots you and Stun/flashes can affect you for 3.5seconds or longer, Which generally results in death) And with Recon in the game, Being hit by explosives Shoves a giant flashing Sign above your head saying 'IM RIGHT HERE KILL ME'.

Not asking for a nerf to Recon, Not asking for a nerf to tacticals, Not asking for a nerf to explosives.

I'm asking for a Buff for Blast shield. And if i need to get hard numbers to STATISTICALLY prove to you that it's underpowered. I will do so.

EDIT: So i checked the damage. Assuming Blast shield has a 55% damage reduction

This means that you should (In theory) be capable of surviving a C4, Claymore, and a betty with exactly 5hp left.

In practice however i've been wearing blast shield, spawning in, Walked around a corner and having a claymore trip and dying from it. I check the theater and NOBODY is firing at me. It's simply the claymore instantly killing me.

And 5hp is HORRIBLY small. Anything in the game can one shot you at any range. This means if you take a single bullet/pellet from anything in the game, and then take an explosion from a C4, Semtex(Stuck, not close range), a Bouncing Betty, or a Claymore. You will die.

So if you trip someones claymore or betty they'll be able to hear you coming. And they will only need a single bullet to kill you, assuming you survived the explosion somehow.

And Semtex will take over half your HP even with blast shield (130 base damage halved is 65, -5percent would be around 59-62) so you cannot survive two semtexes with blast shield.

• 10,487. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    vims1990
    I believe the DMH efficacy is identical to C4 now

Great to hear though I would have loved to see Dead Man's Hand gone.

But at least we've come to an agreement of the dreadful deathstreak that is Dead Man's Hand.

Even Barack Obama approves of this change

Barack Obama Clapping GIF

But some advice for your next COD title from someone who has been playing COD since COD1. Please don't bring back deathstreaks..ever again.

Take Treyarch's combat training mode from Black Ops.

Great for new players to get familiar playing COD against AI before heading to the public matches against real opponents.

I used combat training alot during Black Ops & it has certainly improved myself as a COD player.

Deathstreaks in general won't help players get better. You need to understand that.

• 10,488. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

Zerotick wrote:

I'm asking for a Buff for Blast shield. And if i need to get hard numbers to STATISTICALLY prove to you that it's underpowered. I will do so.

EDIT: So i checked the damage. Assuming Blast shield has a 55% damage reduction

This means that you should (In theory) be capable of surviving a C4, Claymore, and a betty with exactly 5hp left.

In practice however i've been wearing blast shield, spawning in, Walked around a corner and having a claymore trip and dying from it. I check the theater and NOBODY is firing at me. It's simply the claymore instantly killing me.

And 5hp is HORRIBLY small. Anything in the game can one shot you at any range. This means if you take a single bullet/pellet from anything in the game, and then take an explosion from a C4, Semtex(Stuck, not close range), a Bouncing Betty, or a Claymore. You will die.

So if you trip someones claymore or betty they'll be able to hear you coming. And they will only need a single bullet to kill you, assuming you survived the explosion somehow.

And Semtex will take over half your HP even with blast shield (130 base damage halved is 65, -5percent would be around 59-62) so you cannot survive two semtexes with blast shield.

Someone will undoubtedly correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the multiplier is 0.55 for blast shield, i.e. a -45% reduction in damage from explosives -- in other words, it is worse than you think. All 200-damage explosives (betties, claymores, C4 . . . others?) are fully capable of killing a blast shield user with one detonation.

The better approach, IMO, would be for the multiplier to be 0.45 (a -55% reduction). And goodness yes, the pro version ought to be buffed to Blops levels (what was it, a 0.1 multiplier to duration?).

• 10,489. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

the Wiki states "Blast Shield increases explosive resistance to the player by reducing all explosive damage to the player by 55%"

So assuming it's correct. My original math would also be accurate. If i'm wrong and you're right however. Then my god. That's horrible.

Flak jacket from black ops does this "

Flak Jacket reduces all incoming explosive damage to 35% of its original value (9% in Hardcore game modes)

Which is 10%(or 20% if you're right) more damage reduction than what Blast Shield currently is.

I also read somwhere that Flak Jacket placed a damage cap on explosions so they could NEVER one-shot a player unless they've taken some damage elsewhere

And i agree with you on Blast Shield Pro reducing the Stun/flash effect to 10% the original duration. In fact. Blast shield Pro is currently so bad. I can't tell which is better, The AA-12 or Blast Shield AND it's pro effect.