25 Replies Latest reply: May 28, 2012 10:38 PM by [fnx]sworndeath RSS

Deathstreaks [Nerf]

Simple.

If a player spawns with a Deathstreak, and kills an enemy in that life, their Deathstreak should be cancelled.

This would still allow Deathstreaks to be in the game - and stay effective - but would be used less often.

• Re: Deathstreaks [Nerf]

I kinda agree with this, a death streak is cancelled after you get a kill but if you die after the kill you still use your death streak. This maybe should be changed however it would make the challenges take aaaaaages to complete because most people who get a death streak go on to get a kill therefore the death streak challenge would never grow as well as that most death streaks are ineffective anyway and don't do any damage, such as martyrdom.

The only two that do damage IMO are last stand and dead mans hand, both of which do my FACE in with RAGE. I've shot you dead ( and most times from behind) fool, so don't lie there n kill me or pull out a switch and instantly and blow me up.

Hate them, they should be nerfed!

Teebzy

NJOY_teebzy wrote:

I kinda agree with this, a death streak is cancelled after you get a kill but if you die after the kill you still use your death streak.

Not necessary.

In other words, a Deathstreak is cancelled after you kill an enemy - in that life... but, if you die before the kill, your Deathstreak is still valid. 

Example: Player obtains 4 deaths > *spawns with Martydom* > Kills an enemy (with Weapon/Equipment/Tactical or Lethal) > Deathstreak is cancelled > Deathstreak counter is reseted

Snipingdbag

Good idea. Also remove, dead man's hand and Final stand.

Sadly this game rewards failure. We live in time where just trying gets rewarded. It should just be people who do good get rewarded.

wridtrvlr

I absolutely hate death streaks.  Makes no sense to me, but what pesters me the most is final stand and dead mans hand. 

They both look the same, so you never know if they are just in FS or if they are getting ready to blow your face and the entire block off.  Pisses me off.

I like it. I'd rather they get completely removed, but this is a way to make them more tolerable.

Can someone explain to me why it's such a reward to die a minimum of 5 times (w/ Hardline Pro ) and then getting a kill with DMH is a huge deal? The player just got stomped 5 times w/o a kill, it's a way to faciltate them getting some points, and maybe getting back into the game.

Personally, I don't mind any of the deathstreaks. I run and gun, so Final Stand is an easy knife, and since chances are I'm right next to the personal nuke, I'm going down. Wouldn't get killed by DMH if I was sniping, but hey, you take your chances.

While I agree that Deathstreaks began with the initial idea of "getting a player back into the game - with a boost", it's basically become the 'answer' for players when they die.

Think of it from another perspective. If players - who are on Deathstreaks - die and die, how are they going to improve at the game when they rely on their deathstreak to kill the enemy?

DMH is great when you are getting spawn camped. It allows you to make a hole in their attack and a way for your team to break out. It is your own fault if you run in and try and stab someone who you think is in FS but in reality DMH is waiting for you almost every time. Yes it is annoying, but deal with it. Shoot them from a distance.... It's not hard

Leave it as it is... Sick of people complaining about it. Move on... Lag is a far bigger issue that needs fixing, or the shithouse match making system.

My 2c

Lag cannot be "fixed", only "improved", according to Infinity Ward.

Still, your post is irrelevant to the topic at hand. Why would players, on a deathstreak, obtain a kill for dying? Also, "shoot them from a distance.... It's not hard", doesn't solve the issue.

Yeah I did go slightly off topic, apologies but I'm sick of hearing people complain about DMH. I get killed with it as well some times, but it's part of the game and I deal with it.

Back to what you were originally talking about, I DO agree that the death streak should be reset if you spawn with it then kill someone. It's a bit hypocritical that it doesn't. lol

Yes, DMH is great for a 0.6 KD scrub like yourself who is constantly in it, but for everyone else, it is an undeserved kill achieved by the cheapest means possible -_-

I only play KC and in this game mode DMH and martyrdom are a huge annoyance. The amount of times I have died from one of these deathstreaks trying to pick up tags is ridiculous. In essence, I am being punished for trying to play the objective, makes a lot of sense.

vims1990

DZAdb wrote:

DMH is great when you are getting spawn camped. It allows you to make a hole in their attack and a way for your team to break out. It is your own fault if you run in and try and stab someone who you think is in FS but in reality DMH is waiting for you almost every time. Yes it is annoying, but deal with it. Shoot them from a distance.... It's not hard

Leave it as it is... Sick of people complaining about it. Move on... Lag is a far bigger issue that needs fixing, or the shithouse match making system.

My 2c

Yep sure.

I'm sure a weapon like a shotgun has the ability to shoot DMH players from a distance

LO ******* L!

Throw a flash bang? Grenade?

P.s. A shotgun will set it off from a safe distance. All you need is one pellet to hit, try it =)

vims1990

DZAdb wrote:

Throw a flash bang? Grenade?

P.s. A shotgun will set it off from a safe distance. All you need is one pellet to hit, try it =)

One pellet, are you serious?

You can't even kill a player in Final Stand with 2 hitmarkers off a shotgun with Damage (after they fall into Final Stand stance)

Tsk tsk tsk, for a 30+ year old man to care about a thread another forum user makes on the internet like 2-3 months ago-and to constantly bring it up, is just....well, plain sad...

I think Vims video completely scraps your failed logic by the way

Heh heh. At least I can kill the Recon Drone.

Seriously dude, stop following me around and spamming other peoples threads with your childish hate. You really should go do some community work or carry an old ladies shopping across the road for her. It may make you feel good about yourself and stop the burning desire that you have to slag people (not just me) off over the Internet from the safety of your home. No-one likes a hater mate. One day you will grow up and learn to love the world you live in. Till then, keep firing away at that pesky Recon Drone. You'll get it one day

P.S. You should concentrate a little more in school mate, your grammar needs a little work.

Oh... and no... Vims video didn't prove anything except for being able to shoot everything but the target.

(Sorry for the rude hijacking of your thread FPS, this fnx child keeps following me everywhere, digging up threads that I wrote 6 months ago just to embarrass himself with stupidity)

Peace to everyone else

You have 30 health when you fall into last stand. Its not like the 1 health for 2nd chance.

vims1990

Like the idea.

Getting back into the game after one kill is a good reason to disable the deathstreak we're currently on.

I mean that's what the developers intention of deathstreaks right....getting back into the game after a number of deaths?

So if a player gets a kill after 4 deaths, why should Final Stand still be enabled after that kill?

killasapo

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

keep 5 feet from me , let that be a warning to you shotgunners heheheheee

TAKE THEM OUT NOW!!!