1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 65 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2012 6:51 AM by dekayed Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: Curse of the green triangle strikes again...
    wridtrvlr

I'll agree with you to a certain extent.  I love when matches turn out 65-64.  But I also love getting kills and getting to use my kill streaks, over and over again.  If we are 20-30 tags ahead of the other team, why not slow down and just murder the **** out of them?  We are going to win anyway, might as well get some kills and complete more challenges. 

• 41. Re: Curse of the green triangle strikes again...

Thank you, someone who finally admits that killwhoring from time to time is fun.

This isn't an every game occurance, I'm not good enough to flat out slaughter the enemy on a game to game basis. When I get into a game where I'm getting close to an Assault MOAB or even a second Osprey Gunner, I don't understand the rush to win. If you're up 20 tags, you will get the win. Even the W/L whores realize that.

I just wish people would realize its okay to lay off the objective. Slowing down on tags doesn't make you a bad player, and taking advantage of clearly weaker players isn't a bad thing. Call it stat padding or whatever you want, but you cant deny that dropping 40 or 50 kills in a round isn't fun.

• 42. Re: Curse of the green triangle strikes again...
    rlbl

loll that is adding a bit of insult to injury isn't it?  It can be fun to rack up kills and get kill streaks but...  Most poeple do not take kindly to big guys beating up on little guys lol!

When my friends and I play dom (mostly HC) when we get too much of a lead and we feel we have forced the other team into hiding in corners to avoid the onslaught, we (sometimes) 3 cap just to get them to spawn elsewhere so they at least try and step outside....

Then we force them back of course...

ok bad example.

• 43. Re: Curse of the green triangle strikes again...

You are honestly telling me that you don't enjoy brutally murdering the enemy from time to time?

No doubt a close game where I end up like 30-20 and its just constant back and forth action isn't fun, and isn't a tougher more fufilling win, but its fun to actually get your killstreaks and use them sometimes. I have 5 or 6 50+ kill games of kill confirmed in my file share, and getting to use two Osprey Gunners in a single game is always a blast. That isn't a regular occurance though, and I like to enjoy those games when they can actually happen.

The thing that ticks me off is when people pity the enemy. THEY ARE YOUR ENEMY, CONTINUE TO SLAUGHTER THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 44. Re: Curse of the green triangle strikes again...
    monkeylord

For me it's a purely personal outlook if i'm pounding someone that bad and there is no hope for the opposing team and it's clear the opposing team is just flat out bad at the game then the kills feel cheap.

So I finish it as fast as I can and then move onto the next round and hope for a better match.

I play KC for the ping of tags (sad I know lol) if people have fun "kill whoring" then thats fine but it doesn't give them the right to moan or call out people as stupid for collecting the tags and ending a round.

• 45. Re: Curse of the green triangle strikes again...
    wridtrvlr

I never condone "kill-whoring" and actually refer to "kill whores" as people who only play objective based games, never go for the objective, only kills, and then brag about how good they are even though their team just lost. 

Like I said, I prefer close matches, but when I get the opportunity to add 10-20 extra kills on during a match then I will.  YES, it normally end up in that team backing out when the match is over but hopefully that brings on a better team with closer matches. 

It's not every game where you get a lead like that on the enemy.  So when you do have a lead liek that it is fun to stay the extra few minutes and rack up some kills.

• 46. Re: Curse of the green triangle strikes again...
    monkeylord

youngbuck8100 wrote:

You are honestly telling me that you don't enjoy brutally murdering the enemy from time to time?

No doubt a close game where I end up like 30-20 and its just constant back and forth action isn't fun, and isn't a tougher more fufilling win, but its fun to actually get your killstreaks and use them sometimes. I have 5 or 6 50+ kill games of kill confirmed in my file share, and getting to use two Osprey Gunners in a single game is always a blast. That isn't a regular occurance though, and I like to enjoy those games when they can actually happen.

The thing that ticks me off is when people pity the enemy. THEY ARE YOUR ENEMY, CONTINUE TO SLAUGHTER THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I get a win I want it to feel like a fight not a cakewalk have I ever extended a match? I can honestly say no it's just not me.

An easy win can be nice after a couple days of junk but to beat up on a team that stands no chance in hell isn't my idea of much fun I honestly do prefer the rounds where it's equal or i'm outclassed.

• 47. Re: Curse of the green triangle strikes again...
    wridtrvlr

It is fun, but I don't refer to it as "kill whoring".  See my above response for my definition of a "kill whore".

I just say take advantage of the situation you're in.  You are winning and most likely going to win, why not take a few extra easy kills to help complete more challenges or get to call in that AC-130 you've been working hard to get? 

I would be PO'd as well if I was telling my team to hold of on collecting tags, I've almost got a MOAB, and they keep collecting tags to end the game.

• 48. Re: Curse of the green triangle strikes again...

Not a knock on you, but you also run support. Its hard to get excited over the match ending just before your next Stealth Bomber.

If you ran Assault and didn't get killstreaks handed to you, I think you'd feel a bit differently. Its a bit more difficult to throw up 2 Osprey Gunners than it is to EMP the enemy twice

• 49. Re: Curse of the green triangle strikes again...
    ogmantis

I could see if you were in a clan and told your teamates to hold off then it might happen......but to play with randoms and tell them to hold off?........ARE YOU HIGH?

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next