13 Replies Latest reply: May 25, 2012 9:51 AM by Izjar11 RSS

M60 > Stick and Move.

Izjar11

I began using the M60 for fun, but have grown to really appreciate it. You have to learn that it is a defensive based weapon, you can take on two or more enemies at a given time as long as you duck and move with the fighting. Pay attention at how quickly it brings people down.

• Re: M60 > Stick and Move.
    Izjar11

Any other M60 users out there?

Jacks_Spleen

Yes, i've come to really appreciate the M60 especially.  The last while with all the lag crap and hit detection, where winning a gun fight is half skill and the other half how good or crappy your connection is.  I decided to try the lmg's to counter this, tons of flying metal and damage in quick succession.

However.

I wish I had a PVR, to document a few incidents, where i came close to throwing a controller.  On my screen i get 6-10 hit markers when playing, in the kill cam, i hit them once, in the vault what the host saw hit once or twice.  This is with a lmg, behind the barrels in the hallway at B on dome.  The guy running through my bullets down the hallway to kill me with a striker point blank.

Thankfully there are fewer incidents like this one with most lmg's, esp the M60, than with most of the othere weapons.

Izjar11

Sorry to hear that, theres a scene in the clip that a moment of lag hits (towards the end), The thing about this LMG is its damage ability, if you learn to control the fire rate you can deal with multiple boggies at a time.

Glad I'm not the only one encountering this...

ALL the LMGs are supposed to kill with 3 shots now, regardless of range and attachments with the M60E4 being able to kill in 2 at closer range, so it becomes a good way to see how much you're lagging. More than 3 hits equals worse lag. I've also gotten 6-8+ hitmarkers with the M60E4 UP CLOSE before the person would go down. Sometimes shots won't register AT ALL, which is the more infuriating thing.

So yeah, as mentioned a bunch of times here, before we can ever talk about anything being OP or UP, the lag/lag comp needs to be fixed/gotten rid of. Without lag and lag comp, I'm sure the view of some weapons will change quite a bit.

I've used the M60E4 quite often since I first unlocked it. The only boon it has being the iron sights, but otherwise is a great LMG. The slower firing rate helps with controlling the aim too. All I use is the Red Dot Sight and Grip and it's beastly. Crouch or go prone with it and it's a rock. Even the L86 and MG36 just still feel a bit inaccurate, even when crouching or prone and/or using Thermal.

tried it once and didnt like it i would find it hard to pick it over the L86 to be honest

yesterday i was bored and decided to try out the m60 and it was really great, i got a couple great games with it. It is worth trying

opb81

I have been a fan of the LMG's for a while now, I am finishing up getting gold on the L86 then I will move on to the M60 can't wait to see that giant sucker in all gold.

Izjar11

Another video of the M60 in action, I got lucky towards the end I caught the entire team spawning and no one saw me, then again they didn't look behind to see who was shooting at them!

RAMBONER

I have probably 5000 kills with it and used and had it gold a couple times before the buff.  Its one of my favorite but its kind of like drinking bad whiskey.  You have to really really want to get drunk to keep giving it a chance. 

It was my most used gun in black ops and it is much better on that game  It sounds better and the irons are way better.  I have forced myself to use the irons since I cant put a site on any gold gun due to some weird analness in my brain.  haaaa.,

If you put steady aim on it and treat it like an smg its best.  Its hip fire with steady aim  is really sick.  Another tip is to use Marksman if you arent using a rds as it helps keep you on target with those terrible irons.  Oh and pass on rapid fire.  All it does is waste ammo as I think the game doesnt register half of the rounds that come out of it making it a waste.

I have to say to OPB81 you will be disappointed in it gold buddy. I have gotten it to gold probably 5 or 6 times and honestlyy red looks way better. Gold makes the barrel look like a skinny pencil...

Now the Pecheneg gold.....thats a different story and aside from my gold model its the best looking gold gun on the game.

ehess001

My only problem with lmg's is trying to remember that I don't have to reload after every gun battle! Lol I've gotten used to reloading, maybe too often, when using smg's :) Takes about 2 days to reload them it seems...