23 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2012 9:20 AM by mlg_magana RSS

Why isn't there a MLG Playlist like on Call of Duty: Black Ops?

mlg_magana

I know the MLG community isn't as big as the Public players community  but it is a community that has been demanding this for a long time and Black Ops came threw and worked out very well.

• Re: Why isn't there a MLG Playlist like on Call of Duty: Black Ops?
    TL_Bare_B_V2

Because it was a complete fail on B.Ops, the amount people that played it was minimal and it took up a perfectly useful playlist spot

Coz Microsoft said no it would be on ps3 so NOOOOOO.

mlg is a private thing, however i think its cause mlg has banned so much stuff like akimbo, rapid fire, launchers, all but hallow points death streak. But i think the worse thing they did in IWs eyes is ban heartbeat sensor and machine pistols.

trialstardragon

Simple not enough players care or play MLG, and MLG is best suited for private matches. the only reason people want a MLG list in public is so to still earn exp while having the game watered down because they can not deal wiht all the other features of the game.

A large portion of the players here do not like MLG or GB and the wannabees that play on it thinking they are better than normal players. When they need things removed to call it balanced. Which actually unbalances the game even worse than it can be at times now.

While i agree removal of all launchers does make it unbalanced against streaks. i don't see how removal of akimbo and MPs would unbalance gameplay.

trialstardragon

removal of anything just proves they can not handle them in the game, it does not make it better balanced or more skillfull like they try to claim. The reason akimbo is removed and the MP's is because they can kill easy and quick in cqc, thus ruining map control if a person gets too close.

MLG trys to make it seem like gun play is everything in the game when it is not, being able to adapt to the full game and do well is better then learning only how to deal with certain guns and do well.

If you have to remove a gun to do well so someone else can not use it against you, then really your not as good as a player as you would like to think, which is what mlg does.

It removes any gun or weapon that can disrupt map control quickly. I watched enough mlg vids to notice this. most mlg teams have setups where certain players try to control certain area's, with lauchers and explosives and some of the other weapons that tactic can be broken easily.

In 1v1's certain players only patrol certain area's; with launchers or other explosives that tactic can be broken easily.

That is also why so many people call the lauchers noob tubes. Because only noobs use a toob according to mlg players.

mlg_magana

A lot of the players are better not saying ever player that has MLG in his name or his clan tag are better then you or me but as myself i've placed on the MLG circuit and it's no cake walk like my average games in pubs are usally 50+ kills with very little deaths and thats in almost every game type now that usally takes very little effort now you go to the real MLG level i'm barley hitting 25+ kills in a 10min game and thats versus teams like obey fear and other teams inculding semi-pro teams and AM teams the fact is the community needs a pro community like halo everyone could improve there gameplay if call of duty were like halo 1-3 with a ranked playlist with a mlg playlist that had 30,000 + playing daily

trialstardragon

Most casual Cod gamers do not care for or like or want MLG or GB related playlists in the game. And as a rule most developers try to appeal to the largest player base which is the causal players. So not going to happen. If MLG or GB is so great than why do they not hire a game developer to make a game for them instead of needing to leach off of other games instead?

mlg_magana

Yet call of duty elite is related to competitive gaming with clan operations and they also hold the friday night fights were pro teams and pro coachs have been seen on the show. I think a lot of people on this post are being very ignorant towards the MLG community and it's players  weither your a player or a fan. When people say call of duty should relate to the more popular community like casual players you should go look at GB right now with Mw3 being one of the worst cod games gb still has

11,723 teams on the xbox team ladder and thats only for xbox

trialstardragon

As you notice Elite is not that well done, a company that truly wanted to incorperate clans in to its game would have done a better job at it. Take a look at GRAW it had clan support in the game. Or if you remember the old pc game Starsiege Tribes, it was made more for clan play. Even Mech Warrior supported clans better than CoD ever has.

Not as many people who play this game are really into to clans nearly as much as some think. Sure a few places like GB or MLG try to keep going using games, but really only tryhards and those trying to look or be cool go there.

Pretty much anyone that puts mlg in the clan tag, or in the name I laugh at and consider nothing more than an wannabe tryhard trying to look cool.

Most realy clanners do not play public matches, they play private matches where they can control who is in the match or not. Which is why most clans either only lan on consoles or play pc games where they have rented servers that they can control.

I used to have a server for Tribes, and one for Mech Warrior, and one for Section 8. I have been in a few clans, and nothing good ever came from it really. So I hold no hope or respect for clans anymore or anyone that tries to take them too serious.

sounds like a completely biased opinion. BO appealed to the masses also, yet they still made a competitive playlist, even if it was a fluke. but still, the people who did enjoy it stll played it. And going to the whole Clans playing in private, why even make a clan feature and have clan ops if clans are just going to sit in private match?

I just feel like they should at least try it, and after a month, why not just hotfix it and take it out, so they can see how much of the population is into competitive gaming.

maccabi

mlg_magana wrote:

the fact is the community needs a pro community like halo

we need it about about much as we need a hole in our head, pisses me off when people refer to mlg players as "pros" , if you guys are so pro why do you need to remove everything ?

we tried the mlg experiment in blops it was an utter failure and a completel waste of a much needed playlist spot

otisman666

The real reason....IW is not capable of implementing such a playlist.  Plain and simple.

Now I was not a fan of it in BLOPs, but I didn't see any problems with it.  It was a novelty mode, kind of like barebones and these new small maps.