35 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2012 12:58 AM by Zerotick RSS

Rapid Fire Controllers

is having a rapid-fire mod a bannable offence?
Seems to be pretty unfair if you ask me, I have reported dozens of players for modded controllers (proof in killcams everytime) and yet no action has been taken against any of them? I guess Infinity Ward supports the idea of buying your way to victory

shame

  • Re: Rapid Fire Controllers

    as far as i know its not, i'm sure they even sell one with the CoD TM on it

  • Re: Rapid Fire Controllers
    pj600r

    They don't seem to care about anything anymore apart from selling their DLC.

     

    They know that come November most players will jump ship to BO2 if they're still playing by then.

     

    There are a few big releases coming up but not till later in the year so they know that no matter what they've still got an audience for the time being.

     

    The rapid fire controllers are technically against the rules in multiplayer but they are pretty hard to prove that's why people don't get banned for using them.

     

    If you get killed by someone using one just quit, dashboard, whatever takes your fancy because nothing will happen to that player even if you report them.

  • Re: Rapid Fire Controllers
    twinkeeze

    Whats sad is I use the MK14 alot and have developed a pretty fast trigger finger when its called for but it seems anymore anyone using a silenced MK is automatically classified as having a modded controller.

    • Re: Rapid Fire Controllers

      again, its very easy to tell
      I dont care how fast you are, there's still going to be space between your shots, if you have a rapid-fire mod then there will be NO space and its easily monitored on the killcam (because the killcam is timed)

    • Re: Rapid Fire Controllers
      pj600r

      A lot of people develop the trigger finger, I did during W@W but some of these rapid fire pads are pretty obvious because they fire consistently whereas a trigger finger doesn't.

      • Re: Rapid Fire Controllers
        twinkeeze

        Oh I know how to tell (or I like to think I can) when someone has a RF controller but almost anytime I use the MK14 for extended periods I get accused of having one myself several times a night.

  • Re: Rapid Fire Controllers
    starbuckfrack

    Yes they are bannable offenses.

     

    But you are asking two issues.

     

    Rapid fire unmodded might be allowed by Microsoft in online gameplay. Like for example the HORI. But the one from Gamestop (Datel) is not. Read the last page on the Datel manual. Sneaky datel, real sneaky.

     

    Rapid fire unmodded not allowed by IW in online gameplay. They are allowed to ban ALL rapid fire type cntrollers. Which very likely IS all of them.

     

     

    All modded controllers are bannable by both. ANY mod is bannable on online games by both companies. You or someone else opens the controller then thats a violation.

     

    The thing is you DEFINITELY have to have 100 percent positive proof. A ten second youtube video is not proof of this, hence they will not ban.

     

    Best thing is to make sure the ENTIRE game has proof that they are using one. You cant have proof it it seemed like it for 10 seconds of the game when you got killed.

     

    I have reported people for using Rapid Fire controllers and have 100 percent full proof of the whole game and they have gotten banned. Most of them were stupid enough to rapid fire their sniper rifle to 4 shots in a half-second.

     

    Key point is to make people investigate only give them Gamertags of people who you 100 percent know where using a rapid fire or modded controller.

     

    Back in the Blops days when you could see a persons game history it was a lot easier to investigate them buy watching all of their games without making them a freind. Sadly now you only have the one game you were playing against them and that game they could have had a good ping and proper response time. OR you could have had some issues and you were behind a bit on ping.

     

     

    Problem for the Enforcement Teams are that people are reporting just the killcam when they really dont have a rapid fire controller.

    • Re: Rapid Fire Controllers
      Thunderstrike75

      well i just report them to IW as boosting most of the times i notice they have a rapid fire when they get a jugger and they fire the gun as automatic. the snipers also are easy to detect and the mk14 with silencer is also easy, they fire the whole mag and looks like they fired twice tops...

      • Re: Rapid Fire Controllers
        starbuckfrack

        Thunderstrike75 wrote:

         

        well i just report them to IW as boosting most of the times i notice they have a rapid fire when they get a jugger and they fire the gun as automatic. the snipers also are easy to detect and the mk14 with silencer is also easy, they fire the whole mag and looks like they fired twice tops...

        If they are using Rapid Fire Controllers you know they are doing something else wrong anyway. Like their Gamertag is a violation or something in their Bio.

         

        Double Whammy. They shouldnt have played in my game !

  • Re: Rapid Fire Controllers
    Thunderstrike75

    what i dont understand and some might agree some might not is; most of the ones using rapid fire are usually QScopers, i think they already are abusing with the QS but on top they use a rapid fire controller...and even worse there are controllers that actually let you program the buttons for QScoping, the seconds or miliseconds an action should be done and so on...i think the one i saw was from madcatz, specially for MW3, had rapid fire drop shot jump shot and QS function..

  • Re: Rapid Fire Controllers
    rainmaker6

    hawaiianpringle wrote:

     

    is having a rapid-fire mod a bannable offence?
    Seems to be pretty unfair if you ask me, I have reported dozens of players for modded controllers (proof in killcams everytime) and yet no action has been taken against any of them? I guess Infinity Ward supports the idea of buying your way to victory

    shame

    Should it be? Many use Turtle Beach headsets that enhance certain game sounds while muting others. For some reason many think that is ok but not a rapid fire controller. For all intent TB headsets are like having a wall hack because you can easily hear where someone is coming from. And no I don't use a rapid fire controller but find it funny how many complain about hardware others use except for the hardware they themselves use.

    • Re: Rapid Fire Controllers
      half-megatron

      lmao what?

    • Re: Rapid Fire Controllers
      starbuckfrack

      rainmaker6 wrote:

       

      hawaiianpringle wrote:

       

      is having a rapid-fire mod a bannable offence?
      Seems to be pretty unfair if you ask me, I have reported dozens of players for modded controllers (proof in killcams everytime) and yet no action has been taken against any of them? I guess Infinity Ward supports the idea of buying your way to victory

      shame

      Should it be? Many use Turtle Beach headsets that enhance certain game sounds while muting others. For some reason many think that is ok but not a rapid fire controller. For all intent TB headsets are like having a wall hack because you can easily hear where someone is coming from. And no I don't use a rapid fire controller but find it funny how many complain about hardware others use except for the hardware they themselves use.

       

      Its been said many many times. Headsets do not modify the game during run-time therefre are not a violation. The in no way affect other players gameplay.

       

      Thats like a kid with a TV complaining to Microsoft that someone is using their stereo turned up.

       

      So my stereo is a 5.1 system , do you think I should be banned for hearing people behind me ? Or what about banning someone just because they have the game in stereo and can hear you coming from the left.

       

      They are approved by all gaming companies and Microsoft to use.

       

      Maybe I should get banned from the game because I can afford some good glasses that arent Coke Bottle Glasses. Well since space age plastic lenses they arent

      • Re: Rapid Fire Controllers
        rainmaker6

        starbuckfrack wrote:

         

         

        Its been said many many times. Headsets do not modify the game during run-time therefre are not a violation. The in no way affect other players gameplay.

         

        Thats like a kid with a TV complaining to Microsoft that someone is using their stereo turned up.

         

        So my stereo is a 5.1 system , do you think I should be banned for hearing people behind me ? Or what about banning someone just because they have the game in stereo and can hear you coming from the left.

         

        They are approved by all gaming companies and Microsoft to use.

         

        Maybe I should get banned from the game because I can afford some good glasses that arent Coke Bottle Glasses. Well since space age plastic lenses they arent

         

        Rapid fire controller don't modify anything in the game either. All existing gun fire caps still apply. And it doesn't affect other player's gameplay either with the exception that both give the user an advantage.

         

        And from the TB web site itself.

         

        "The Ear Force PX5 lets you customize the way game, chat, and mic sounds are processes. You can configure each preset with different settings to enhance specific parts of the sound."

         

        http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/ps3-gaming-headsets/ear-force-px5.aspx

         

        Try doing that with your stereo or surround sound speakers. It doesn't just reproduce the sounds optimally but increases specific sound volumes while supressing others. You can't do that with any speakers alone.

        • Re: Rapid Fire Controllers
          dastealth

          rainmaker6 wrote:

           

          starbuckfrack wrote:

           

           

          Its been said many many times. Headsets do not modify the game during run-time therefre are not a violation. The in no way affect other players gameplay.

           

          Thats like a kid with a TV complaining to Microsoft that someone is using their stereo turned up.

           

          So my stereo is a 5.1 system , do you think I should be banned for hearing people behind me ? Or what about banning someone just because they have the game in stereo and can hear you coming from the left.

           

          They are approved by all gaming companies and Microsoft to use.

           

          Maybe I should get banned from the game because I can afford some good glasses that arent Coke Bottle Glasses. Well since space age plastic lenses they arent

           

          Rapid fire controller don't modify anything in the game either. All existing gun fire caps still apply. And it doesn't affect other player's gameplay either with the exception that both give the user an advantage.

           

          And from the TB web site itself.

           

          "The Ear Force PX5 lets you customize the way game, chat, and mic sounds are processes. You can configure each preset with different settings to enhance specific parts of the sound."

           

          http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/ps3-gaming-headsets/ear-force-px5.aspx

           

          Try to doing that with you stereo or surround sound speakers. It doesn't just reproduce the sounds optimally but increases specific sound volumes while supressing other. You can't do that with any speakers alone.

          This is where you are wrong. Rapid Fire Controllers modify the input variables (Namely fire weapon). This is modifying the game input to get an advantage just the same as modifying the connection of your Internet to gain an advantage by throttling in MW3 is bannable. By using Turtle Beach (Or any other audio output that has surround sound capabilities) you are only using the sounds given to you on the output of the machine, which by no way affect the actual game per say. Now by filtering your output to hear more clearly footsteps or weapon reloads, etc... is a questionable act of reducing ones skill in the game it is no different to those who used the sound options in Black Ops to do exactly the same thing.

          • Re: Rapid Fire Controllers
            starbuckfrack

            dastealth wrote:

             

            This is where you are wrong. Rapid Fire Controllers modify the input variables (Namely fire weapon). This is modifying the game input to get an advantage just the same as modifying the connection of your Internet to gain an advantage by throttling in MW3 is bannable. By using Turtle Beach (Or any other audio output that has surround sound capabilities) you are only using the sounds given to you on the output of the machine, which by no way affect the actual game per say. Now by filtering your output to hear more clearly footsteps or weapon reloads, etc... is a questionable act of reducing ones skill in the game it is no different to those who used the sound options in Black Ops to do exactly the same thing.

            Nice post Dastealth considering Rainmaker totally missed the gist of my post I mentioned one gamer (maybe in another thread) where he had a rapid fire controller on a sniper rifle and fired four shots in about a quarter of a second. Rapid fire controllers may be slightly disabled by a fire cap but fire caps are not one all guns. Like the pistols for that matter.

             

            And his post

             

            "Try doing that with your stereo or surround sound speakers. It doesn't just reproduce the sounds optimally but increases specific sound volumes while supressing others. You can't do that with any speakers alone."

             

            Ummm YES. My stereo system can increase specifics sound volumes while surpressing others. so can many many others out there. It can be something as simple as giving a cathedral hall sound, or making the TV you are watching sound like a movie therater. It lso has "sleep mode" which takes and of the louder effects and equalizes everything so you dont either blast out the house or cannot hear it.

             

            Wikipedia "

            Surround sound is a technique for enriching the sound reproduction quality of an audio source with additional audio channels from speakers that surround the listener (surround channels), providing sound from a 360° radius in the horizontal plane (2D) as opposed to "screen channels" (centre, [front] left, and [front] right) originating only from the listener's forward arc.

            Surround sound is characterized by a listener location or sweet spot where the audio effects work best, and presents a fixed or forward perspective of the sound field to the listener at this location. The technique enhances the perception of sound spatialization by exploiting sound localization; a listener's ability to identify the location or origin of a detected sound in direction and distance..

             

            So if an enemy is hiding on the other side of the wall I can hear him with my stereo and so can most people with their surround systems. Or in a lot of cases people play with HDMI output for really good sound. Myself I use Digital Output to my stereo and the sounds are exactly where they should be. On BF3 the sound is incredible.

             

            15 years ago I owned a Surround Sound Television where it only had two speakers but you could still hear sounds behind you. When I watched Return of the Jedi VHS one of the tie fighters near the beginning sounded like it passed my one side and went out my back door.

             

            But I guess Rainmaker has never heard of an equalizer before on a stereo.

          • Re: Rapid Fire Controllers
            rainmaker6

            dastealth wrote:

             

             

            Rapid fire controller don't modify anything in the game either. All existing gun fire caps still apply. And it doesn't affect other player's gameplay either with the exception that both give the user an advantage.

             

            And from the TB web site itself.

             

            "The Ear Force PX5 lets you customize the way game, chat, and mic sounds are processes. You can configure each preset with different settings to enhance specific parts of the sound."

             

            http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/ps3-gaming-headsets/ear-force-px5.aspx

             

            Try to doing that with you stereo or surround sound speakers. It doesn't just reproduce the sounds optimally but increases specific sound volumes while supressing other. You can't do that with any speakers alone.

            This is where you are wrong. Rapid Fire Controllers modify the input variables (Namely fire weapon). This is modifying the game input to get an advantage just the same as modifying the connection of your Internet to gain an advantage by throttling in MW3 is bannable. By using Turtle Beach (Or any other audio output that has surround sound capabilities) you are only using the sounds given to you on the output of the machine, which by no way affect the actual game per say. Now by filtering your output to hear more clearly footsteps or weapon reloads, etc... is a questionable act of reducing ones skill in the game it is no different to those who used the sound options in Black Ops to do exactly the same thing.

            That's where you are wrong. It just mimics the input signal of clicking the trigger rapidly which is NOT any part of the code.

             

            TB headsets do more than provide surround sound and they even say it in the link. It post processes the sound. That's what the presets are for.  It would be similar to post processing the video output, enhancing certain colors and suppressing others, to see targets better. Similarly TB headsets enhances certain sounds and supress others to hear what is important to hear better.  That's actually a proper analogy. And as I first stated those that use them will always complain about others using hardware they don't use but will claim what they use is not a cheat. And  I use neither. Thanks for proving my point.

  • Re: Rapid Fire Controllers
    kidmiestro

    I have played this game for so many days and have not counted more than 10 people max that have actually killed me with a rapid fire controller, at least that I was aware of.  On the other hand, I have been accused of this on so many occasions... using the MK14 with rapid fire and silenced that its retarded.

     

    I swear, every single time I come on this forum there is at least 1 or 2 posts screaming cheater this or cheater that.

     

    Man up and quit your whining. 

     

    Its not too difficult to kill someone in this game.

    • Re: Rapid Fire Controllers
      starbuckfrack

      kidmiestro wrote:

       

      I have played this game for so many days and have not counted more than 10 people max that have actually killed me with a rapid fire controller, at least that I was aware of.  On the other hand, I have been accused of this on so many occasions... using the MK14 with rapid fire and silenced that its retarded.

       

      I swear, every single time I come on this forum there is at least 1 or 2 posts screaming cheater this or cheater that.

       

      Man up and quit your whining. 

       

      Its not to difficult to kill someone in this game.

      I yell "modded controller" out after each time I get killed. Doesnt mean there was one

  • Re: Rapid Fire Controllers

    YEs it IS a bannable offence. I pm'd BanCandy, and she said that they were, and that you should report them and send in video evidence. So the question is finally resolved. BANNABLE!

  • Re: Rapid Fire Controllers
    BANGKnife

    It's bannable in online games. And yeah, I report anyone ADMITTING to having one.

     

    But I, myself, don't have a mod and am told I do often by scientists and experts with goofy gamertags. I've never been banned. I've even got confirmation from Xbox Live Enforcement that if I am inaccurately reported/complained about, it is more than likely going to result in bans of those inaccurately using the feedback system. So yeah.

     

    I fire fast with the Mk14 and make ridiculous final kill cams with the Dragunov/RSASS/Barrett .50 Cal but I have allllll trigger finger. So reporting me is useless.

     

    I'm asked often where I get 'my mod' or simply accused. But what evidence do they have? Sound samples? Killcams? Doesn't everyone already realize in the CoD Community that the Killcam plays at 30 or less frames per second than the 60 frames per second of live gameplay we all see when we're playing? Jesus. You lose muzzle flash, recoil animation, shell casing animation, aiming is slightly to the left most of the time when a throwing knife is thrown and other stupid small insignificant things.

     

    NO ONE, WHO SAYS THEY ARE GOOD AT 'SPOTTING' MODS, know what they're talking about. Which is why I say all the experts and scientists.

  • Re: Rapid Fire Controllers

    rainmaker6 got 0wn3d!

  • Re: Rapid Fire Controllers
    smokesdope

    Using a rapid fire controller online will get you banned !!

  • Re: Rapid Fire Controllers

    Modded controlers are bann' able Ive seen them myself, and have been accused myself ( prob reported) but i dont have a modded controller, and if I want to use a MK14 with rapid fire and silencer I should be able to... thing is I dont think anyone has been reported/banned for having these controllers, how can IW prove its modded? they cant, if they bann a member and that member decideds they want to sue, IW would be in some crap. There has to be proof, game play is not enough, I think Ive heard someone has to admit it. but game play isnt enough

  • Re: Rapid Fire Controllers

    The very first 2v2 face-off match i played, some guy had a modded controller. He was using the RSASS like an assault rifle. Still wooped on em though.

  • Re: Rapid Fire Controllers
    MaxKirgan

    Comparing any form of hacking, modding or cheating to using surround sound headphones is completely ludicrous. That's like saying people using a HD display are cheating compared to people using old crt tube tv's. Completely ludicrous. Sorry rainmaker, you say you don't use modded controllers, but you seem to know an awful lot about them and you are defending them pretty defiantly. Seems kinda fishy. Besides like others have said, if they weren't meant to be used, the game wouldn't output audio in more than 2 channels. I mean come on, Black Ops even had surround sound settings specifically for surround sound headphones in the game!

  • Re: Rapid Fire Controllers
    starbuckfrack

    Rainmaker said

     

    "That's where you are wrong. It just mimics the input signal of clicking the trigger rapidly which is NOT any part of the code."

     

    ----------------------------

     

    Then you tell me Mr Programmer, why are they bannable from activisions Code of Conduct ?

     

    You pull the trigger on any controller it tells the game DURING RUNTIME to make the player fire his gun.

     

    YES it mimicks the action of rapid firing the controller as the button is hit. Once the button is let go the gun no longer fires.

     

    You pull the trigger on any controller it tells the GAME CODE running that "PlayerOneControllerButtonYPushed == YES" which then makes the game code tell the player "PlayerOneShotFired == YES" and "PlayerOneGunShotsFired =- 1" and "PlayerOneTotalShotsLeftInClip == 3". this can happen until "PlayerOneTotalShotsLeftInClip == 0". (short version in C Sharp )

     

    You see THAT is called Game Code which runs during GameTime.

     

    if you use a rapid fire controller you are telling the code to do that at whatever speed you want to fire the gun at automatically faster (or slower) and affecting ALL players gameplay. Not just your own. Hence the reason they are bannable on COD and any Activision online gameplay. Thats the reason why Microsoft will NOT allow a Datel rapid fire controller to be used online even though they sell them at Gamestop. Now if you dont believe that one example I suggest you download a Datel controller manual and read the last page.

     

    You should really speak up when you at LEAST know how to code a basic video game. You can even try chatting with an Xbox rep (NOT an ambassador) and ask them the same question. You will find out how wrong you are.

     

    why do you think a lag switch is bannable by Xbox PETs. because it affects the runtime of the signal thru the Xbox Live Service by affecting the bandwidth coding written in on the Xbox. Every single communication or button you click affects the Xbox code or the game code. even waving you hand in front of the Kinect Sensor will affect the Xbox code that is running Netflix. (Thats why I eat real slow during movies so the movie doesnt pause )

  • Re: Rapid Fire Controllers
    starbuckfrack

    Here I even talked to Xbox Live chat for you Rainmaker....

     

     

    You are now chatting with 'Colin'.

     

    Colin: Hello, thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support. My name is Colin. Please give me a moment to review your question.(Question was do rapid fire controllers affect the game during runtime.)

     

    Colin: Hi ME, how are you?

     

    ME: doing good thanks

     

    Colin: Glad to hear that. How can I help you today?

     

    ME: I know the question at the beginning was edited poorly but the reason certain rapid fire controllers are bannable in Xbox Live is because it gives the player an unfair advantage by affecting the runtime of the gamecode. Correct ?

     

    Colin: Yes, that is correct ME.

     

    ME: This player is stating he doesnt think they are bannable at all (for example in COD games) because they do not affect the gamecode. We are helping him trying to understand this so he doesnt get banned using a rapid fire controller. If you understand programming can you type up a nice rewording of my statement so we can get thru to him ?

     

    ME: PS the controller also could be modded

     

    Colin: Any hardware that give you an unfair advantage over other player will result in a ban. This is fully covered in our terms of use. Would you like me to send you a link for that?

     

    ME: Dont worry I know it by heart . But can you explain the reason WHY beside the part about unfair advantage ? I know you are busy but it could help.

     

    Colin: There is no other reason other than that ME. Its technically cheating. We here in support have nothing to do with bans. If you contact the Live Enforcement Team on our forums, they may be able to explain it better. Would you like me to send you a link to them?

     

    Additional Info (of course contacting Enforcement is not possible except for a "why was I banned post" )

     

    ME: I know that forum too. Thanks for all you do.

  • Re: Rapid Fire Controllers

    The thing about Modded controllers is, You don't know if someone is using one unless they admit it.

     

    People can have extremely high dexterity. Reaching the firecap on the MK14 is extremely easy.

     

    Five-sevens on the other hand are korean dexterity-tier But it's still possible. And as unlikely as it is that they'd waste their talents on MW3. It could still happen.

     

    And personally. I don't give a **** if someone is using a rapidfire controller.

    At least they have the balls to use a weapon that isn't the ACR/MP7/PP90M1