23 Replies Latest reply: May 31, 2012 2:56 AM by culas RSS

Game has become unplayable over last week?

iAmEFFeX

I know that everyone's MW3 experience is different. Patches tend to benefit some people and disadvatage others. Additionally, one's internet connection makes a difference. However, is anyone finding that over the last week this game has gone completely down hill. I mean, I literally can't get kills and have been on a massive losing streak as a result for over one week now. I don't understand, I'm playing the same way I always play. I can only blame the game. Additionally, I'm just not finding matches anymore. I don't know if the game has just gotten last popular or if people are split between having DLC turned on, turned off and playing the Elite playlists, but something isn't right. What do you guys think?

• Re: Game has become unplayable over last week?

I've made 2 or 3 posts about the same thing.Elite help says they are collecting details and are looking into it.I'm on PS3 and have an A+ connection.Even EH has agreed I have everything set up properly and have tried everything possible to help my gameplay.The system they use for online multiplayer obviously does not work for a hell of a lot of gamers but until they find a fix there is not much we can do about it Nearly forgot. Since the last DLC and patch 1.14 it has gotten to be mostly unplayable for me too.....

The latest TU was supposed to make it so matchmaking puts you in lobbys closest to your partys host.

However most of our clan lives in the UK and we are still being put into lobbys with Germans/French etc... So this patch has basicly done nothing yet again.

The Patch has a "Local" search radius of 1000 miles I think.I'm consistantly playing against

French,German, Italians and Spanish rarely do I get any UK players in my matches.I've played 6 hrs of clan ops the last 2 days and we played against UK clans 3 times

I also never get any <50ms ping matches it just seems to skip past them when searching.

iAmEFFeX

Yeah, I never had trouble finding 50ms lobbies, now it's like they don't exist. I don't get what this is all about. I don't live in an isolated area. Something went horribly wrong.

I was just playing games where no shots were connecting at all, it doesn't make any sense.

Yeah, I was used to hearing Spanish before, but now I get games where I hear languages I don't even recognize. Like, I recognize French, Spanish and English, obv. I guess they are trying to cater to clans? Which sucks I hate clans. I hate getting stuck on a team of scrubs in ground war only to be constantly going up against clans who practice together and maintain a 5:1+ kdr. I'll give props to any player better than myself in regular games but when I'm the top scorer on my team and my score is less than the worst person on their team, it's just not fun. But I digress... I don't want to play games with people who don't speak English because we can't **** talk. Or cooperate, if you're into that.

kianok1

All my lobbies this wkend have been French, German and Eastern European.

Maybe its those hyper squeakers starting to get out of school, noobs from christmas finally getting good, or your losing nerves from all the rapid fire smgs.

LegendOfDan

Same here the Leg and Spawns are so bad I cant even play the game anymore. I have a 50mb down and 5mb up and I still leg all the time, I pay that kind of money for a 50mb line to my house, I dont think I should leg at all. 4 bars all the time. The last patch or maybe one before that completly messed up this game. Its really sad. Fact Is if you dont have a good internet connection sorry too bad. Only person problem that is, Is your own!

Thesandman

I feel your pain OP, i consistently had a 1.45 KDr all the way to 10th prestige but all of a sudden(im 14th now) and no matter what i do i just don't have as good of matches as i did before and now my KDr has freefalled down to 1.379. I know that doesnt seem like a lot,but i have 47000+ kills and it just seems harder to send my ratio back up.

I used to always go 30-40 kills and maybe 10 deaths per game,but now it might be 20 kills and 15 deaths, yet my playstyle is the same as always.

Mine seems to have improved.

It's the same for me since the last update the game has got worse , it is like I'm firing paper clips team death match is the worst ,so  I have been playing a lot of infected instead

ghamorra

It's progressively been getting worse since the begining. There was a short period of time in December that I had little problems but as soon as patch 1.08 launched I've been having very inconsistent playing experiences

Shadow_Alq

This patch was, without doubt, the worst for me!..I mean its terrible: matches after matches a whole team getting 30-10 and all the other team getting 10-20. Its been crazy for sure!!.

Today i was in Bakaara, on the heli machine gun, andthere was a dam delay of like 1 second - i pressed R1 to shoot, and it wouldnt shoot, it was crazy, never seen nothing like this thats for real!

Same here after the last patch update, the match making has been like total S@#$  .  I now get matched up with people who are living far away, to the point I get only 1 bar when I play.  When I do get a good match up I will get the 3 or 4 bars, which is far and few. And now my ping rate has gone from 50 to over 150....on a regular basis to the point I just log off and don't play MW3 for that day.

Want far away? how about americans when your an australian.....

happened a few times so far today .... like what the!??!

I am really confused about that .... seriously i dont get it at all ...

Yes it the middle of tuesday here Its my day off work ... but never ever have I had that before ....

*wanders off to watch sci fi instead*

DaShuk2381

I can't really understand why I keep torturing myself with this game. The games are such a 50/50 toss up it's not even fair or fun anymore. I will go 34-13 in one game of TDM and turn around and go 3-16 the next game. Tonight I'm shooting people in the face with a sniper rifle only to have them laugh at me and turn around and pop me with a pp90 and I'm dead. I emptied half a mag from an LMG into a group of 3 rushers who all should have died in a hail of gunfire and didn't even get one hit marker and the lead rusher knifes me. Also I have a great connection and I am constantly getting put in 100+MS matches, it's just ridiculous. Scores are always lopsided for whoever gets the connection in their favor.

I am not a PS3 gamer, I am on Xbox and I am having the same problem, reason why I'm not getting as many kills as I used to is because the hit markers have gotten worse, sometimes I cannot get a kill even after I dump a full clip into the lame camper. I'm experiencing lots of hit markers with Tubes even direct hits with a Rocket launchers. This game is becoming very ridiculous with that. While they are coming out with more new content, they might as well change the name of the game to "Modern Nerfgun 3"....by the way Check out my Video that I made of me and my friiends back when MW3 was a bit more realistic

Shadow_Alq

Guys i added this in some threads: iI dont think the bars you guys always talk mean that much!... If you notice:

- you may have 5 bars green now, and 1 bar red in 10 minutes or next game;

- Sometimes i "feel heavy" and die for anything, guys kill me with one single bullet apparently, and i have the 5 bars!.. Sometimes i go 40-10 and at the end of the match i look and i may have 2 bars (yellow)!..

And i play with you USA guys every night: i dont know why you need to say we talk strange languages here lol (Western Europe)! Just joking!

P2P connection is a failure - Having servers like in Bf3 is much better and you can choose to connect Europe, Asia etc and dont get chucked in to laggy servers. The other problem with P2P connection is people can run cheat programs from cracked PS3 boxes much easier.

I CBA reading all posts here, BUT one reason for the difficulty may be clan and lone wolf operations - people in these tend to be higher ranked. Another is... well when I switched from Black Ops to MW3 I found i died much easier, like from 2 or 3 bullets... Now i find i can pelt someone with almost a full clip and they won't die... So im not sure, but we did have some updates recently right...

lukele

i seriously have only gone negative like maybe 6 times and 3 of those were in the past 2 days i shot a guy in the back of the head with a full clip from a barret and no it wasnt a missed shot i had time to stop crouch hold my breath aim and fire reaim and fire again he flipped around after i reloaded and one shot me with a usp.45 i mean whats the point of fighting to get my stats up when i'm not allowed to protect them

i think we should just rally outside activision for some unkwon reason.