8 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2012 5:06 PM by esmorgue RSS

HOW to play Dom and KC

vileself

Ok so Ive been on the Elite playlist for the past week because of the new maps (PS3) and the double xp. Team Deathmatch is fine but anytime Dom or KC comes up I feel like Im the only person on my team that knows how to play.

Here are some pointers for how to WIN at Domination. First cap A/C and then immediately cap B. Dont start kill whoring, dont start camping the flag you just capped and dont start camping the B flag that you dont even own yet. CAP B!!!!! You NEEED to cap B! If you see a team mate heading towards B then GO WITH THEM! If someone on their mic says "Im going for B" then GO WITH THEM!! Killing people wont win you the game, capping flags will! Chances are your team will always have either A or C so having B is the most important!!! If you have B and either A or C then your points will increase at a faster rate and at this point and this point only is it okay to defend your flags.

Here are some pointers on how to WIN at KC. COLLECT THE DAMN TAGS!!!! Yellow tags AND red tags!! You NEED these tags to win so dont just run by them! The enemies need the red tags to win so dont just run by those either! If you kill an enemy and one of your team mates starts heading for the yellow tags, LET HIM GET THE TAGS! You will STILL get your XP for them and your teammate will get the XP as well! Dont run around in pairs or threes either because encountering an ACR, MP7, IMS, Pred. etc. will likely give the enemies a double/triple kill and that could change the tides of the game. If you want to travel with friends keep your distance.

The biggest key to either of these game types is TEAM WORK! Listen to your friendlies. If someone says they need help capping A then go help him! If someone says there's an IMS near C then heed the warning. If your team mates want to collect yellow tags that you produced then let them get them.

Or make a seperate TDM playlist for the elite maps so Im not forced to play two game modes that I really dont want to play.

• Re: HOW to play Dom and KC

Im in the same boat. I mostly play tdm too. I do the exact steps you mentioned too when i play kc and dom ops. Yesterday i played the dom lonewolf op. I played the first 50 minutes only and stopped. All i did was rush flags and throw smoke. I capped so many flags while the rest of the team whored kills, playing the game mode wrong. Needless to say after the op ended. I checked to see if i at least got a bronze medal for my lil time played. I capped so many flags i earned a silver. I could easily get gold playing half @ss. Kill confirm is another easy one to earn gold. Marathon pro and a sub machine gun does the trick.picking up all those free tags nobody wants. The good thing about these game modes is that they dont keep track of K/D ratio like tdm does. So i run around reckless not worrying about dying.

vileself

I agree. Even though they dont keep track of KD in KC and Dom it still affects your overall KDR, jus sayin.

Im never the type to kill whore. I go for the objective all the time. Even in TDM where the objective is killing Im constantly on the move looking for kills, I dont sit around. While going for objectives I obviously die a lot because going for objectives in a game like CoD is practically a suicide mission, but when its all said and done I still finish with the highest score. My three most common accolades for Dom are most caps, most kills, highest KDR.

How do I get the top score on either team with the most caps AND kills of anyone in the entire game and my team still loses? ITS BECAUSE IM DOING ALL THE WORK WHILE MY TEAMMATES PLAY TDM IN A DOMINATION MATCH! Extremely frustrating.

Not to nit pick but some maps in Dom you are best holding A and C and ignoring B, also getting kills or having people on your team that get kills suppress the enemy and so the will spawn in the same location giving you the advantage against them.

Though I understand what you mean its the people that decide to cap all points on the map that should learn to play... if you have 2 points ie A and B then there is no reason for you to go near C, going near it will just make the other team random spawn which in turn makes you lose another point on the map... All in all if I was to give a pointer it would be for people to learn how to defend.

Kill conformed... well it just fails /end.

vileself

Im going to have to disagree with you about triple capping in Dom. There is nothing wrong with triple capping, the problem is that if you dont do it as a TEAM then you will screw yourselves over. Its a team based game. You start at A, everyone caps it, everyone moves to B, caps it, everyone moves to C, caps it. Ofcourse its easier said than done, but that is ideal. Once you cap C the enemies will start spawning at A but by that time you should already be on your way back there. 2 guys stick around C, 2 guys head back to A. One guy floats between A and B and the last guy floats between B and C. You have all 3 flags capped and you hold them down. That is TRUELY how to play and win at Domination.

In Dome it really doesnt matter which 2 flags you control, its all the same.

I dont play KC and DOM normally, only for the ops, especially clan ops. People dont realize that in DOM ops, it is based off MOST caps and not kills. Most people play the op thinking that they are scored for most points or kills. Getting the most kills in DOM ops will get you no gold. Holding two flags and team killing will also get you no gold medal easy.gotta get the caps. Lol. You dont even have to be the first one to the flag .as long as you make it on the spot before the team caps it, you get the cap credit too.            P.S. i dont care about dying alot in KC and DOM, as far as k/d ratio.the k/d that shows in the TDM leaderboards is the only one i care about. Thats the one that everybody sees when i play TDM everyday.

esmorgue

Sense made. I cannot stand the mushheads that ignore going for B and run straight to the opposing teams flag and get decimated. Some maps you have to rush the opposing teams flag for a better vantage point.

vileself

I agree, but sometimes it can go either way. I find that on Sanctuary if you start at A, you're better off going towards C afterwards. Chances are the enemies that start at C will all converge to B. Let them have B and take their C, just make sure to rush back and protect your A because thats where they are headed next.

It depends what my teammates do though. Usually Im playing with randoms so its tough to coordinate strategies, but if we cap A at the start I will usually follow the largest group since some will head to B and others to C... strength in numbers, especially for Domination. Stick with your squad when it comes to cappin flags and obtaining/maintaining a lead.

esmorgue

vileself wrote:

I agree, but sometimes it can go either way. I find that on Sanctuary if you start at A, you're better off going towards C afterwards. Chances are the enemies that start at C will all converge to B. Let them have B and take their C, just make sure to rush back and protect your A because thats where they are headed next.

It depends what my teammates do though. Usually Im playing with randoms so its tough to coordinate strategies, but if we cap A at the start I will usually follow the largest group since some will head to B and others to C... strength in numbers, especially for Domination. Stick with your squad when it comes to cappin flags and obtaining/maintaining a lead.

Yeah, you have to watch the teams movements alot on this game. With the spawns being so screwed up, you can easily have someone spawn right behind you due to a numbkins running so far into the other teams area. Fallen is another map you basically have to cap A & C when you start off on C side. That map is the first CoD map I ever remember starting off directly on B.