1 960 961 962 963 964 Previous Next 12,156 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 5:44 PM by iif0xh0undii Go to original post RSS
  • 9,610. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    pulling69

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

Patch 1.14 on PS3 contains the change to matchmaking whereby the party host determines the region in which game sessions are searched.

It will be available on all platforms in all territories from 2am PST. We are looking into why SCEE released it early.

I shall be updating the sticky with additional details later tonight.

As with any patch, one needs to be aware that it takes time for the patch to propagate across the playing population. Millions of players are playing each day but those millions may not include players who have updated in your local area.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

Just for my own clarification, when playing as a solo player will the .14 update make it more likely that I will be matched with more local players?

• 9,611. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

iif0xh0undii wrote:

maccabi wrote:

Ghandi,

I'm gonna post this here as opposed to pm'ing bancandy or yourself as I'd like to hear some of the communities views on this too ..

Si the IW enforcers clan, now i'm now knocking I just have some concerns about the non iw members of it. You probably aren't aware but one of the "big" youtubers who's "thing" was basically hunting down boosters (his name has escapes me for a minute...) anyways xbl recently banned his account from xbl for life as they rightly or wrongly took his ingame messaging of players saying they would get banned as impersonating xbl staff.

Now i know some of the non iw staff enforcers and yes imo they are what i'd consider honest stand up members of the cod community BUT.. end of the day all they do is report to you guys more directly.

I don't think they should be telling people they are going to be banned or actually anything relating to what punishment if any they will get. Two reasons for this xbl could ban then under their rules/coc when it comes to impersonation which is something i dont think is fair or something you guys can even reverse as xbl are a law unto themselves at times ,and secondly they dont know for what punishment anyone is likely to recieve . I've seen a few comments on twitter and various forums about this in the last few days and although it pains me to say this I do think the psuedo power these guys now perceive they hold is wrong.. basically who watches the watchmen ...

Again this isnt a "dig" or having a go at the enforcers as they do a great job i just think you need to come up with a set of guidelines for them when it comes to presenting a public face in game and on the interwebz as the last thing i would like to see is some jumped up little muppet reporting them on xbl and xbl doing their heavy handed no excuses your banned till 9999 thing. As they are in an official iw clan as well people can easily mistake them for official iw staff (seen that happen too) as such gloating on twitter/forums reflects on your guys too as people will wrongly assume they are iw staff.

i was going to be all high and mighty and intelectual and use the latin but then i remembered this is a cod forum and id probably get 10 replies saying nerf dead languages.

* added the guys name was minnestaburns even with 5 million video views and numerous examples of what he does xbl still banned him for life.

A but if regulation, and combing it over again if it exists, is always good.

I do not believe these individuals have any official connection with Activision or the studios that develop CoD. I will verify this with the Online Services group. I could be mistaken.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 9,612. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

pulling69 wrote:

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

Patch 1.14 on PS3 contains the change to matchmaking whereby the party host determines the region in which game sessions are searched.

It will be available on all platforms in all territories from 2am PST. We are looking into why SCEE released it early.

I shall be updating the sticky with additional details later tonight.

As with any patch, one needs to be aware that it takes time for the patch to propagate across the playing population. Millions of players are playing each day but those millions may not include players who have updated in your local area.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

Just for my own clarification, when playing as a solo player will the .14 update make it more likely that I will be matched with more local players?

That's what we hope as more local parties will be placed in local lobbies rather than joining distant ones. Or that's the theory.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 9,613. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

iamesneky wrote:

You guys need to nerf explosives in hardcore, it's just unbelievable.  I'm trying to level up the RSASS and Dragunov (useless in core) and hardcore is as bad as MW2.  Noob tube, noob tube, switch to secondary explosive launcher, continue firing until dead, it's stupid.  Making Blast Shield better won't fix it, explosives are just way OP and every moron runs around using them as primaries.  I know you can check this because you have stats better than me hearing a noob tube every 2 seconds in game.

I don't even play hardcore normally and it's unbearable.  Please help those poor souls who actually love that game mode and lessen their suffering.

We are adjusting the efficacy of Blast Shield in HC to combat this issue.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 9,614. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    bubbacake

Thanks you, again. I really do hope that this patch will be worth the wait. If it is, I might buy Premium Elite.

P.S. I used to be Expert rank, but now I've dropped to Apprentice. What is this?

• 9,615. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    vims1990

Hey GHANDI,

Any news on when the title update will reach XBOX 360 players?

I'm assuming it'll before the 2 free maps are available.

Lastly, this question has been widely asked on the forums, will Face-Off maps be available for Survival Mode?

Would like some confirmation on that.

Cheers

vims1990

• 9,616. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    dastealth

They were going to coordinate the patch with the DLC drop. Usually this arrives in AUS at 9pm AEST so I'm assuming since you are NZ from memory it will be available around 10:30 - 11pm for you tonight.

• 9,617. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    iif0xh0undii

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

iif0xh0undii wrote:

maccabi wrote:

-snip-

A but if regulation, and combing it over again if it exists, is always good.

Edit: Should have been.

A bit of regulation, and combing it over again if it exiss, is always good.

I do not believe these individuals have any official connection with Activision or the studios that develop CoD. I will verify this with the Online Services group. I could be mistaken.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

Oh my, look at my typos. :S

Aside from the actual members of the Online Services Team, I don't believe many of them do. They're comprised of forum veterans and a former IW/3ARC VIPs.

• 9,618. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

bo2000 wrote:

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

bo2000 wrote:

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

dexter1992 wrote:

Here is soenthing that is truly sad. Look at this thread! All of these people giving direct issues and problems to a dev. If the game can't be fixed with the entire community helping, what is in store for the next title? I will say many bugs have been found and fixed, so this thread has done great justice.

I prefer the glass half full perspective.

Many issues have been highlighted and addressed through direct correspondence with the members of this forum. It's been frustrating at times I know but the juice has and continues to be worth the squeeze. Dialogue here helps not only this title but future games as well I assure you. As a result of our conversations we are increasingly instrumenting the game to learn more about how various systems work in the wild. None of this uses any in game bandwidth or CPU resources but empirical data from the retail environment on for example host migrations, match making quality, average geographic dispersity of players, average time from spawn to death and the like is invaluable to both IW and the other teams working on the franchise.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

Uhm...if you were a new publisher people would see their helping and your fumbling in a different way. given that IW has two more or less perfectly working titles (COD4 + MW2) under their belt it's hard to understand that you take so much time to admit those flaws and find them among those changes you made compared to those previous titles.

I see you're a glass half empty guy bo2000.

G IH A IN ID II

By your words and actions you seem to be the "let's wait for the top of the glass to break and claim it's full" guy.

Sigh. I guess I'm the guy that can't use a common idiom to politely indicate cessation of my willingness to respond to a post I deem unconstructive. Here's hoping I'm clear as crystal this time.

G IH A IN ID II

• 9,619. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    esmorgue

What is awrong with you iif0xii?!!!!