24 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2012 8:44 AM by GONExFISHING RSS

Faceoff = No Booster Reports

Can anyone explain me, how IW is gonna ban boosters. If NOBODY will ever send a report. and they dont have an algorithm to locate boosting.

• Re: Faceoff = No Booster Reports

As long as they are not in my games i dont care, or as long as they dont run there mouth thinking there e- wang is so much better and i pull up there history of games to find out they boosted then they can have there little playlist!

Rednecksniper39

Here is to hoping that Faceoff is unranked.

wikked75

I hope it is a boosters paradise so they stay out of the other playlists.

Doesn't seem like it will be an issue if someone boosts to a suspicious KDR, they will be reported nightly for boosting myself and friends often are reported upon entry into Search and destroy lobbies when the other team views our KD's if you have a high kd and boost to it you will be reported and will be reset.  Anyone that boosts to even a like a 2+ kdr will most likely receive random boosting reports within a few days and be reset when investigated we need not worry imo.  If you join a 1v1 face off and your opponent asks "boost" simply reply no and kill them or dont reply and massacre them either way.

azn_chic

these "faceoff" maps looks like IW's poor attempt at quelling the community unrest...If they were serious about how they want to give back to the community by giving out these "free" drops, they should have just released a full map pack. Not a half a**ed consolation prize...that will most likely end up being "booster paradise", as wikked stated earlier.

IW this is a cheap move

I really enjoyed 1v1s and 2v2s dating back to playing halo 2 on xbox live it isn't for everyone, but personally I am happy with this and will gladly take this free offering.  I plan on enjoying the 1v1s, but mainly running 2v2s with a friend 2v2s are FUN!

I think some of these maps could work ok on normal TDM, they look about the same size as Rust.

WKMMS

I can see them being great fun for private matches, but with the amount of rage quitting that goes on right now, there could be quite a lot of forfeited games.  If nothing else, it should keep all the boosters out of FFA, so that's something positive too

minionsquisher

Yet another game mode for Core players and Hardcore players go without!!! thanks for nothing

I love this idea but unfortunatley for me and many others that play HC only, I bet we dont get it.....

why why why.......anyone?

Ps this mode will catch a lot of boosters...as IW dont necessarily need reports to catch people...they can keep an eye on suspicious inflation of kills on gamers accounts....

adw1983

OBVIOUSLY, Face Off will not count wins or losses except perhaps as an own stat in elite where it lists who you have won against and not wins and losses.

KD will obviously not be recorded either.

But it was not obvious which game mode it would be.

Surely it is not team deathmatch.
    Because that is just absurdly silly 1 vs 1:
    The tactical (relocating) camper wins.

Honestly it kind of feels like the whole point of this playlist IS to keep boosters out of the other, more popular game types. I'm sure they would never admit it, if it were the case. If they didn't allow tac inserts, that would be a good step towards eliminating boosting. But it would still happen...

vims1990

If they didn't allow tac inserts, that would be a good step towards eliminating boosting.

I've spoken to one of the devs about this but they believe the T.I has been legitimately used in FFA more than it has been abused by boosting.

It's complete horsesh*t in my opinion.

Cage Match/Face Off is going to be booster haven.

boosters paridise this seams like , but it might keep them out of other modes .

adw1983

Then in one month, BAN everyone who have played more than 10 matches.

Seriously though, they should use online licences.

The reason for that is that they can ban the license instead of resetting, to fund a large team of anti-cheaters because the boosters buy a new licence.

Then on the second offence, have their gamertag banned and force them to pay more by changing their gamertag, giving funds to xbox live.

I'm so goingvto ask a young kid to boost and at 17 kills I'll switch to my dead man's hand class! Trololol I'll record and upload that!

KTPhoenix

so judging by this one can only assume 3 things:

1) they are pretty much just putting Cage match back in as well as a different version of it.

2) its going to invite all the boosters in and corral them all into 2 modes so they stop doing it in FFA and KC and whatever other match they do it in.

3) this might be a way for IW to see who the actual boosters are. that way they can have an easier time banning them than reveiving reports from normal modes.

allyn75

Love how people make assumptions before all the details are even known. This is like saying the Broncos will win the superbowl before Manning even takes his first snap.

Well i hope they make a new leaderboard, even its Team Deathmatch, the score will stay in Faceoff.  More easy to track boosters at least.

GONExFISHING

it may be a boosters paradise however i do like the 2v2 and when i do come across people trying to boost ill report and move on.