1 883 884 885 886 887 Previous Next 12,156 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 5:44 PM by iif0xh0undii Go to original post RSS
  • 8,840. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

bubbacake wrote:

iif0xh0undii wrote:

In regards to what? The shotguns? I'd say that you've received plenty of attention, though that is simply my external observation.

Let's shoot a common myth down. They do read the forums. Let this progress naturally.

Then why haven't they posted or had a debate with the members who seek a weapon buff in general?

This is what irks me. We've given our reasons for buffing a weapon. But since they have decided not to, let them give their reasons.

I'll give you the reasons from the team. Please do not let this generate another flood of SG responses. The decision has been made on balance but I want to be as transparent with the community as possible.

The AA-12 was not buffed because we intentionally wanted it not to be an all purpose SG because it is full auto. Overuse of this gun would lead to negative performance spikes.

The Model-1887 was not buffed because the team wished this gun to be one that takes skill to use effectively.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 8,841. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

ill-lll wrote:

Can we talk about...

Blast Shield - especially in Hardcore game modes

I'll use DenKirson's numbers not as the gospel, but because it offers a decent outline of the problem.

Blast Shield started off as a piece of equipment in MW2. It wasn't very effective overall, negating 35% of explosive damage. It was a direct counter to Danger Close, but not much else. In Core modes, this meant explosives would still need to be highly accurate, but in Hardcore modes, it still did almost nothing. While limited in functionality, it was only a piece of equipment and usable for as long as you were alive, which made it a valid option and somewhat balanced.

The Blast Shield equipment was modified into a perk by Treyarch in Black Ops, renamed to Flak Jacket. In Core modes, it had the same effect as the Blast Shield equipment from MW2, negating 35% of explosive damage. If an explosion were to do 100 damage to you, you'd only take 65. However, Treyarch realized that this made zero impact in Hardcore game modes since you only have 30 total health and that reduction still kills more than twice.

So, they added an additional damage reduction modifier that takes effect in Hardcore games. In Hardcore modes of Black Ops, Flak Jacket negates 91% of explosive damage. This means the same 100 damage you'd take in core is reduced to 9 damage, instead of 65. Before anyone thinks that is overpowered, remember you have only 30 health. This change was enough to surive an explosive that hits the wall behind you, or a semtex that lands 5+ meters away. Yet, skilled players who shot their tubes directly at their target or threw their explosive on target would still kill a Flak Jacket user. On top of that, by making it a perk you had to sacrifice Ghost in order to use it. Hardcore was great.

Now fast forward to MW3. The devs have decided to keep it as a perk for good reason. Unfortunately, they did not include the additional changes made in Black Ops that add a second damage reduction multiplier of 91% for Hardcore. This makes the Blast Shield perk completely useless in Hardcore modes, which in turn encourages explosive-spamming behavior because there is nothing you can do about it.

As a lot of you Core players might have noticed coming over to do the Hardcore clan challenges, HC matches are often a plague of SMAW/RPG/M203/Semtex/C4 spam and very little actual weapon usage. In game modes like Domination and HQ, you can utilize the Trophy system to protect you briefly while securing a flag or point. However, unless you camp your trophy system all the time, you are vulnerable to death by explosive no matter how unskilled your opponent. A SMAW that hits a wall 20+ meters behind you will still kill you at full health.

The irony of this is that the additional health and shielding granted to you by Ballistic Vests is more effective than the Blast Shield perk for surviving explosions in Hardcore.

You gain nothing by giving up a crucial perk slot that offers amazing alternatives: QuickDraw/Hardline/Assassin/Overkill

Not asking for nerfs of explosives. Not asking for nerfs of Ballistic Vests. All that needs to be done is to copy what already exists in Black Ops: a different Blast Shield damage reduction multiplier for Hardcore game modes.

I'll forward this to the MP team.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 8,842. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    kastro187420

@ G IH A IN ID II

If I could put forth one more request regarding Blast Shield Pro:

Please buff it to be like Tac Mask Pro in Black Ops. That perk was amazing and really made all the difference in game modes like Headquarters or Demolition. Currently, it's effects are rather negligible IMO.

In addition to making it effective, it would also encourage more use of perks other than Assassin (which a lot of people complain about).

• 8,843. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    pulling69

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

juannadie wrote:

They should take a look to the PS3 forum (and seems XboX forum too) where there's been a siginificantly drop in the game performance in the last week.

The game performance drop on PS3 you mention is likely due to people being matched with others who have purchased DLC. As more DLC is sold this will stabilize.

We also provide the option to disable DLC if you're playing at a time of night when not many players are on line.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

So how long should we wait for the performance to recover every time a new DLC is put out? It has been almost 2 weeks since the last one and there are still issues regarding matchmaking and DLC lists? Come on....

• 8,844. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

juannadie wrote:

They should take a look to the PS3 forum (and seems XboX forum too) where there's been a siginificantly drop in the game performance in the last week.

The game performance drop on PS3 you mention is likely due to people being matched with others who have purchased DLC. As more DLC is sold this will stabilize.

We also provide the option to disable DLC if you're playing at a time of night when not many players are on line.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

If i understand well, the DLC are useless cause few people bought them, by the way we can't play decently on this laggy maps because off this. If you inform us about this issue before some players bought them, we didn't bought them.

Don't you think the matchmaking is good actually ? Why when i get a <50ms match, i am put with turkish, algerian, spanish (i am from france) ? Why the new map are so laggy, don't you think it'sn't normal we have to wait that people buy the DLC to play decently ?

Honestly your answer is unacceptable...i don't think it's a population issue, i live near Paris and i am rarely matched with them even if i'm playing during rush hours.

• 8,845. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    killerpuffball

@G IH A IN ID II

I just found this glitch while browsing the forums:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3acU5ume1uU

It is similar to the glitch in BO that allowed a player to kill the person they just killed by knifing their dead body.

This is the thread I found it in:

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200421784?tstart=0

• 8,846. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    roachoutro

GHANDI!

"Lag Comp" Fix: ETA?

Matchmaking Fix: ETA?

MW3 is still unplayable.

• 8,847. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    kastro187420

roachoutro wrote:

GHANDI!

MW3 is still unplayable.

I was downloading Portal 2 on my desktop, and while it was downloading I figured I'd kill some time and jump on MW3 finally. Maybe it was because I was downloading a 10gb download, but the only time I "insta-died" was against a PP90M once. Almost all my other deaths, I could actually take damage and react to it... granted, I didn't do too great. I was playing on Inverted (when i usually don't).

I still say that's the best way to play the game right now.

• 8,848. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

@ G IH A IN ID II

So what do you think of all 4 of my game mode ideas?

• 8,849. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    roachoutro

kastro187420 wrote:

roachoutro wrote:

GHANDI!

MW3 is still unplayable.

I was downloading Portal 2 on my desktop, and while it was downloading I figured I'd kill some time and jump on MW3 finally. Maybe it was because I was downloading a 10gb download, but the only time I "insta-died" was against a PP90M once. Almost all my other deaths, I could actually take damage and react to it... granted, I didn't do too great. I was playing on Inverted (when i usually don't).

I still say that's the best way to play the game right now.

Thanks for the tip Kastro. Still though kinda reluctant to do this, will it make so that my enemy dont have any reaction time, or no bloody screens?

Tried playing with my buddies past weekend, first match we ragequitted, second one ragequitted and didnt play third one. Unplayable.

GHANDI, please, give us an ETA on both; matchmaking and "Lag Comp".

Thank You.