37 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2012 2:33 AM by motiv RSS

PC Features - @Treyarch

rubbertoes

First of all, I would like to say I have already pre-ordered Black Ops 2 for PC, and I must say it looks like a blast.

Anyway, cutting to the chase. In order for Black Ops 2 to be successful on PC it needs to have the PC featues present which we had in Black Ops 1,

These include:

-Dedicated servers (proper ones, similar to blops / waw)
-Server browser (no damned lobby systems)
-Rcon / admin / anti cheat, customisable servers.

-FoV options (like in blops mp)
-Lean
-In-game console
-Proper customisable options (video, controls, advanced settings, etc)
-etc

Also, I know dolphin dive wasnt a pc feature, but it was a cool feature anyway - so please make sure thats in Black Ops 2!

Thats pretty much it. Hopefully someone from Treyarch can comment on this to reassure us pc gamers...as we screwed again by MW3..,,kinda left us paranoid now!

• Re: PC Features - @Treyarch

You know, I really liked black ops 1, for me it was together with Modern warfare 1 the best CoD multiplayers games, the singleplayer, no words, just great!
    But I Really appreciate dedicated servers like BO1, lean t is great also, dolphin dive was not allowed in many servers but it helps a lot on the single player.

So i guess it is going to be amazing!

oh... I forgot please make sure that mid end PCs can run black ops, my core 2 duo was not good to run BO1 multiplayer on 800x600, but I could play single player on 1280x800 with no problems hahahah
    kidding!
    just keep the good job! =D

would be nice if the game was shipped with mod tools or atleast come out shortly after release, not a year later or whenever it was released for the first game.

The only thing Black Ops - or Call of Duty in general for that matter - needs is a solid and stable way to handle servers. The first Black Ops handled it well - mostly. Flashback to CoD4 where anyone could openly create a server and mix and match certain settings. Then, IW thought it was a splendid idea to cut it loose and let hackers and exploiters roam free in an open environment where no admins could actively monitor in-game activity.

We need the CoD4 system back in action. Why is it so hard to implement a feature you already accomplished over 5 years ago? We don't want Gameservers as the only legitimate way to openly host our own server with full administrative control.

Also, I want to add to the list. Avoid the currency system, have the same level of customization, try not to focus on one style of gameplay *COUGH*mw3*COUGH* and make a gametype practically unplayable, and finally, finalize PC's presence on Elite. Holy HELL have we been waiting for too long! If we make it to launch and even post-launch without Elite access, you, my friends, will have a huge uproar of dissent from the PC community.

external admin tools, The ability to run B3 bot on dedicated RANKED servers like BKOPS1

Infinity Ward really alienated us PC users with the whole unranked dedis, We are a little gun shy at this point,

They didnt persay lie to us, but critical information was left out, Like FOV, and NO LOG FILES!! I for one felt tricked into purchasing a game that does little more than take up harddrive space, so updates regarding what Multiplayer, and server situations will be will drive sales...

Most of us PC players wont take a chance again. This is going to be a game we will put alot of time into, Communities will form around it..would like a little reassurance as time passes this go around.

The big thing i really want to see is mod tools and i know this wont happen bc of activision a map sdk so people can make amazing maps maybe treyarch could even use for map packs on consoles and def the fov slider is needed

We want a beta test before we even think of buying.

I don't know how much liberty as developers you have, and I don't care: Treyarch. or Ativision it make no difference to me who makes these decisions,

But if you lie to us one time, you might as well just not make a PC version.

We will not be fooled again, we know you're not to stupid to make plain and concise statements.

Plain and simple, if you don't give us plain simple documentation (before release) we will not buy your product, or any Ativsion product, again, EVER.

and we're not talking about incoherent tweets; we're talking actual documentation; the kind that would be expected from any reputable company.

Will there be dedicated servers? yes, or no.

If yes: will they be ranked? yes, or no.

Will they be tied to an exclusive GSP? yes, or no.

Will there be FTP access? yes or no

Will there be QUAKE style server files as there has been in every Call of duty game up till MW3? yes or no.

Will the server files be accessible? yes or no.

Will dvars be locked? yes or no.

If so which dvars will be locked?

Will the servers generate logs? yes or no.

If yes What events will be logged?

will cvars be locked? yes or no.

If yes: which cvars will be locked?

And the biggest question of all; will the PC version be created independently of the console version; or will it be a strait port over from the consloe?

Think about it before you proceed: Like I've said, we won't be fooled again.

Poison_pawn PCO (pc only)

timaloy

you pretty much sum it all up m8 i will be waiting for conformation of these things before i waste money on buying this game

Well said, we need clear answers to every one of those questions. If we don't have proper functional ranked dedicated servers then I will not buy the game!!! If they were smart they would release it with CoD4/WaW style servers, but that will never happen.

I also think they need to bring back the gore from WaW MP, there really is no reason whatsoever to remove it. (The money instead of blood in MW2/MW3 is just pathetic) There's nothing like blowing someone's arm off with the sniper rifle, or blowing them in half with a shotgun. (the game is rated 17+ so don't go saying "but my kid plays it blah blah" no child under 17 should be playing CoD period)

On a lesser note

Assuming the game will have ranked dedi's similar to BO, they also need to fix/change how the pre-match works. Having a pre-match when there are less than 4 players isn't a problem, the problem is that it's in black and white, and you have the giant pre-match blah blah message in the middle of your screen.

I can't speak for everyone obviously, but the black & white pre-match is absolute murder on the eyes. (I can't play it for more than a few minutes before I start to get a splitting headache)  Make pre-match in color with the pre-match message off in the corner instead of the middle of the screen. An easy change that involves zero effort and would make it better for almost everyone.

rubbertoes

Also forgot to mention:

-Lan would be nice.
    -Gore would be nice (like in Blops SP / WaW)

Dedicated servers are a must though. Really Treyarch, I hope you guys realise that!!!

what will be the minimum and recommended system requirements???

my specs

AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE

6GB Ram

1500GB HDD

AMD HD 6970 2GB

They're not going to release any of this information.

The only things you'll hear leading up to game release are things that paint the game in a positive light:  i.e.

1. Dedicated servers: confirmed
    2. Lean: confirmed

You will never see them say the game won't have console access, or that you won't be able to change your FOV.  We'll find those types of things out on Nov. 13th.

@ TREYARCH

building a best COD game for the PC community

i'ts very very SIMPLE

-LEAN

-FOV OPTIONS LIKE BO

-DEDICATED SERVERS RANKED @ 8X8 Like BO 1 and FREE UNRANKED CUSTOMIZATIONS

-BASIC MOD TOOLS "FOR TO MAKE PROMOD FOR THE COMPETITIVE COMUNITY LIKE COD BO

-MOD TOOLS WHIT THE GAME NOT 1 YEAR AFTER

-IN GAME CONSOLE, RCON CONSOLE

-BROWSER SERVER LIKE BO 1

-TRUE PC CUSTOMIZAIONS OPTIONS, "AUDIO, VIDEO, ADV SETTING"

-LAN GAMING

-GORE LIKE WAW

-CLOSED BETA FOR PRE ORDER PURCHASE

-NO AKIMBO FOR AUTOMATIC WEPONS

-LARGER MAPS LIKE BO MAPS array, crisis, launch, jungle

Beta tester is very importante to report, bugs, stutering, lag, etc etc etc

What you will get in the PC version is

- Higher textures

- Better AA and the like

- Dedicated server on lockdown

- Lean

They'll make a big song and dance about it, but in the end it will be BlackOps but more restricted.

As for Mod Tools. onec the game is dead, you'll be given basic MoD tools.

If anyone thinks they are gettign a map editor, then look elsewhere. You ain't getting it.

Sir I would like to ask you to join my topic and express your opinions on what you would like to see in Call of Duty: Black Ops II so join me and shoot some comments below on my topic here is the name of my topic.

PC features that must be added in Call of Duty: Black Ops II

kawz wrote:

They're not going to release any of this information.

The only things you'll hear leading up to game release are things that paint the game in a positive light:  i.e.

1. Dedicated servers: confirmed
      2. Lean: confirmed

You will never see them say the game won't have console access, or that you won't be able to change your FOV.  We'll find those types of things out on Nov. 13th.

Then If you buy it; you'll be one of the few. I will not buy another COD game until I see ALL these questions answered; plainly, and honestly.

I did not buy MW2 because of lack of DEDI-servers. But i was fooled by the lies told by IW on MW3; and I will NEVER buy another IW product again.

However i have to say in Treyachs defense; they did not LIE to me.

I knew BEFORE release! that GS would be the only GSP (i do feel for you guys ib Britain, but i never had a problem with them over here) and I knew the servers where ranked, that certain Dvars would be locked, and that it was a console port ect...

But I am willing to compromise; just don't LIE to me.

Poison_pawn PCO (pc only)

poison_pawn wrote:

Then If you buy it; you'll be one of the few. I will not buy another COD game until I see ALL these questions answered; plainly, and honestly.

I didn't say whether I'd be buying it or not, but alas I'll be doing the same as you.  No preorde, and I'll only buy after finding out what's really in the game.

Dedicated servers in Black Ops made a stand. Who's to say they won't in the sequel?

I agree! basically the only thing i want to add is that 3arch optimizes the game well for the PC! black ops was ok on the pc, but one disturbing thing is that i sometimes drop below 60fps, even on the lowest settings. I can run skyrim on pretty medium/high settings and it rarely drops below 60 fps. i can also play tribes ascend on medium/high with my FPS never dropping below 60.

i think its more than a matter of my hardware being a bit dated. the original black ops was not that especially optimized for the pc i think, which kinda sucked/ sucks.

also i want some kind of system so my friend and i join the same team when trying to connect to servers. sometimes we get placed in different teams and its really annoying

thej4k3up wrote:

I agree! basically the only thing i want to add is that 3arch optimizes the game well for the PC! black ops was ok on the pc, but one disturbing thing is that i sometimes drop below 60fps, even on the lowest settings. I can run skyrim on pretty medium/high settings and it rarely drops below 60 fps. i can also play tribes ascend on medium/high with my FPS never dropping below 60.

i think its more than a matter of my hardware being a bit dated. the original black ops was not that especially optimized for the pc i think, which kinda sucked/ sucks.

also i want some kind of system so my friend and i join the same team when trying to connect to servers. sometimes we get placed in different teams and its really annoying

I would venture a guess (just from what i saw on the trailer) that they have streamlined the graphics a bit.

We can only hope

Poison_pawn PCO

Sir I would like to ask you to join my topic and express your opinions on what you would like to see in Call of Duty: Black Ops II so join me and shoot some comments below on my topic here is the name of my topic.

[pde]paulkersey

It would be good if we could have servers like CoD4/WaW and not just something said to the media to get peoples hopes up. It would also be good if the maps were larger and we could have 32 players optional reminiscent of CoD4/WaW and if consoles are what is limiting map size, then just close some parts off on those systems.

I would personally like to see some form of vehicles return like many CoDs before (CoDUO, CoD3, CoDWaW), but maybe that's just me.

whatabeer

I read online that Black Ops 2 will support Direct x 11..

whatabeer

Ranked Dedicated Servers and Direct x 11!