1 866 867 868 869 870 Previous Next 12,156 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 5:44 PM by iif0xh0undii Go to original post RSS
  • 8,670. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    bubbacake

operator-1 wrote:

bubbacake wrote:

...Now I am worried that, despite all the evidence to buff shotguns, ONE post that says don't buff them will cause the team to say, "Good enough for me. Shouldn't buff them."

...I also find it interesting how a lot of the feedback on shotguns (which a lot of it has been to buff them and has been backed up with evidence) has been largely ignored or shot down.

Yet one post that says to not buff them (with no evidence whatsoever) is immediately complimented.

Heaven forbid somebody hop in here & say: "MW3's lag & match-making are perfect the way they are - please don't change them."

IW : Wait, someone said the connections are fine?

IW: (in Jim Carrey voice) ALRIGHTY THEN!!!!

Correction: Ace Ventura voice.

• 8,671. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    xtorchxstangx

how much longer wait for ps3.

• 8,672. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    wajackbauer

You misunderstood what I meant by flinch. What I meant is, when you shoot at someone. their character flinches from getting hit. They move their head, chest and arms a bit. While this is realistic, if you're aiming at someone's head at close range and you shoot 2 bullets, sometimes only 1 will hit because the first bullet made their character model move (head no longer in the same place it was for about half a second) thus making the 2nd bullet. This happens more at close range but it would still happen from time to time at long range.

Also I think you may have also misunderstood what I meant by ingame autobalance. What I mean is, if a match is full (6 vs 6) and then 2 people from the same team leave, (making it 4 vs 6) assuming no one else joins the match it will stay like that for the rest of the match because there's no autobalance.

@Ghandi

I don't know if you didn't have enough time to reply to me or if you're simply avoiding me, but either way if you don't respond in a day then I'll be very disappointed. Basically I want to know your reasons why these things haven't been put in the game... that is if you guys even thought about half of them...

• 8,673. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    dastealth

I find that the issue with shotguns is not actually the shotguns power & range (apart from AA-12) but the hit detection which is altered by lag and other factors built into the game along with compensation. I have seen my shotguns get point blank range hit markers but I have also seen them get OHK at the range of half of the hill on Carbon (believe me I was suprised to get a kill let alone a Hit Marker at that range) By no way am I saying it is perfect but there is definately some good points as well as some really bad points.

A good example of the bad hit detection caused by lag compensation is the throwing knife. I have been playing Infected in the past couple of days and have had my share of good and bad moments. Last night I was playing in a lobby in which I was host and there was probably half & half 3/4 bar players. This causes my game to have issues when I am host. Consistently I see a player throw a TK, see it clearly miss my player on the screen and then die. Most of the time I just blow it off and move on. So later in the match there was one guy left & I threw my TK at him and missed somehow. The game ended half a second later as someone else knifed him. I watched the final killcam & watched my TK actually go through the last guys legs...

SO I went into theatre and watched both my death and my TK. It clearly showed in theatre (I know it is not completely accurate, but I was host so it should be the most accurate) the TK that killed my was over half a player position away from me when I died. The my TK which missed actually hit the player on the front foot and passed straight through it as if it went between his legs...

My point is that maybe the real issue with shotguns is infact the "lag comensation" as everyone calls it. I personally feel that maybe it is more about the way the "lag buffer" is handled/replayed on a users screen.

• 8,674. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    iif0xh0undii

Kastro,

I don't expect every single player to have friendly peers at every given point, but I do expect them to identify with new peers and game together to maximize their playtime. Are you now stating that the developers are at fault for creating team based games?

Spawns like that are obviously bad. I have not experienced them though enough to consider the spawning to be broken or horrible. That seldom happens to me. If we were discussing "revenge spawns" this entire time then I apologize. However I don't recall anyone asking me how I felt about "revenge spawns." I was only questioned about spawns and someone stated that they only experienced those types. I explained my experience on the spawns that I am accustomed to.

I'm not concerned if I am the minority. I started out stating my opinions when questioned, having my opinions disregarded as lies/luck, and then moved onward to further expressing them. Where did I every say that my opinions are fact and are universal?

If you wish to see the typical experience and comment on the average experience, then you need to play like the average player, and experience the gameplay of the average player.

Where did I ever comment on their experience before my last post?

• 8,675. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

Foxhound...with all due respect, the spawns are horrible.  If you would like, I'll make a montage of revenge spawns in Team Deathmatch and Kill Confirmed to show you how out of whack they are.  All I need to do is play one or 2 games to make if if you would like for me to.  Or if you prefer, you can go on youtube and watch one of the thousands of videos regarding this topic.  I can't tell you how many times I have been killed, spawned, and within 3 seconds kill the guy who just killed me.  This even happens on Blackbox, Interchange, Village, and all other maps.  So if you haven't noticed this on your end, I would have to disagree.  Everyone I play with nightly, even randoms in the lobby, state that everyone is spawning on top of each other.  And one more thing regarding the spawns, how is it in a map as large as Village, have me spawn right after a guy, watch him take 2 steps, and knife him?  If there wasn't an issue, this would NEVER happen.  To put this into perspective, Scrapyard (VERY SMALL MW2 MAP), never had issues with spawning on top of each other...hell, Rust didn't either...just sayin.

On the shotgun buff freaks, yes you read correctly.  I have stated numerous times that if the shotguns ever got another buff, MW3 would collect dust from now until the end of time.  They are too good, even if they are inconsistant, with the mazes that are called maps in this game.  If the shotguns get any type of buff, all other guns in this game will be worthless.  When my team wants to own another team on Dome, or seatown in Kill Confirmed, do you know what all 6 of us run?  That's right, a shotgun.  We have won more matches 65-30 or 65-20 due to how the maps are designed.  Are they inconsistent, yes.  But all guns in MW3 are inconsistent.  Stop whining about your favorite gun not getting you a one shot kill every damn time and let them fix the lag/sync issues once and for all.  Maybe, just maybe, your precious shotties will start working like "YOU" want them to.  As for me, yeah, I may not have the thousands of kills you have with them, but that doesn' mean my opinion is wrong and yours is right.  We will agree to disagree.  Just sayin.... again

• 8,676. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    ghorman

LOL - before you get your fethers in a ruffle did you every think it was an aimming issue?  This game runs out of sync all the time and maybe your target isn't really there?  The developers should NOT look at any gun buffs or nerfs until the game is running correctly.  How do we know how a guns should work when the game itself is broke?  Stop crying about your shotgun and think about the whole game.  Its broke and it needs to be fix before you cry buff the shotguns.

Moopus wrote:

ghorman wrote:

18 could have been lag but 22 the aim was off.

Moopus wrote:

Explain 00:18 to 00:22 then.

This is such a typical non-shotty user post. You don't have to put up with random hitmarkers, bull-*poop* deaths, and a clear disadvantage. The fact you think those hitmarkers are justifiable is sad. Really, shotguns should never lose in CQC. Especially since their range is limited to short range only. Whats also funny is that, ironically, the full-auto shotty (AA-12) is the worst shotgun of all. They think the full auto alone is enough to give the gun poor stats, and exclude it in the shotty buff. I'd love to see how you go in a match with a shotty, let alone the AA-12.

Ghandi, I urge you to please, please, please look at the Model 1887, SPAS-12, KSG, and AA-12 again, as they flat-out suck.

Moopus.

• 8,677. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    kastro187420

Kastro,

I don't expect every single player to have friendly peers at every given point, but I do expect them to identify with new peers and game together to maximize their playtime. Are you now stating that the developers are at fault for creating team based games?

Team based does not necessarily equate to "full time clan members" so to speak. The problem lies with the developers for developing a game in which the mechanics force you to either play in a party at all times, or fall victim to a broken spawn system. The way the match-making and gameplay is designed, is in such a way that does not encourage the full on "clan experience" of always playing with full groups, but rather the "drop in and play" type. With the exception of the spawn system, the game's mechanics encourage solo play above all else. Everything from the perk system to the kill streak system.

They TRIED to encourage team play with the Point Streak system (Support Package), but that too didn't really work out.

The game itself is not designed around team-based gameplay. So it doesn't make sense that the spawn system would be subject to a party system either.

I'm not concerned if I am the minority. I started out stating my opinions when questioned, having my opinions disregarded as lies/luck, and then moved onward to further expressing them. Where did I every say that my opinions are fact and are universal?

I'm not suggesting you were stating them as facts, but rather, You're attributing the faults of the system to the PLAYER rather than the game. Your posts are trying to suggest that the problem only persists because players choose not to play in a full party, and that's simply not the case.

• 8,678. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    iif0xh0undii

Ahh, I understand where you are coming from now with that last post. I still disagree on some aspects, but I understand what you're saying.

• 8,679. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

Its not lag comp that plays the biggest factor.  There are enough clips of people getting hitmarkers on an afk player by putting a round square on them from a shotgun with neither the target nor shooter moving.  In this case lag comp can have little to no effect on where the hitbox of the target was in game and where the hitscans from the shotgun originated.

There are also far more clips that show great hit detection and little to no lag one second, then literally seconds later they get a bs hitmarker. 

And just in terms of general balance the shotguns in mw3 were discriminated against from mw2.  All the other primaries have some form of stopping power built in to them.  Whether it is in the form of a 3 bullet kill on all smgs like mw2 high fire rate smgs with stopping power. They did this even though  they have a higher fire rate than most of mw2 smgs (vector excluded).  Or the 3 bullet kill ARs with great accuracy and high fire rates like the mw2 acr and m4 with stopping power.  Snipers strait up were given stopping power built in.  Lmgs are very good now, similar to mw2 mg4 and m240 with stopping power.

Generally mw3 primaries were given stopping power damage up close, normal damage at range, and a shorter range to the damage drop.

Mw3 stock manual actions and the aa12 on the other hand have less than normal damage at all ranges, less range to the damage drop, less total range, no ads bonus, and 40% ads movement speed instead of 80% like mw2.

Once leveled to damage you get normal damage at all ranges (except aa12 which has terrible damage overall) , less total range, less range to the damage drop, and the other negatives above.  With range you get more than mw2 total range, equal range to the damage drop from mw2, but you keep the low stock damage.  To quote Raging Amish "You shoot a bunch of crappy pellets even further."  And you have to level the shotguns to 23-28 to even get here.  This added to the random hitmarkers and you generally have a feel of how mw3 shotguns were treated in their balancing.