24 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2012 7:18 PM by Maroons21 RSS

Does anyone like the new maps?

Downloaded the elite drops over past few months (I'm on elite), and wondered what other people think. Personally I like most of the new maps better than the ones you get with the game. Seem better designed etc to me, not quite a clausterphobic and cluttered. Wish we could have some maps designed like the first MW games though. Miss the bigger maps and more open ones like wasteland etc.

• Re: Does anyone like the new maps?
    Remon1983

I don't like them all, because almost on all the new maps you got a lot of camping spots.That irritates me.

I'm beginning to hate EVERYTHING about this game at the moment

I know what you mean. Don't hate it but definately not as enjoyable as other cod's in the series. Thought about trading it in but got the game and elite code free as the supplier that I ordered hardened edition off ran out of stock. Also sent me a free mw3 hoodie and steel case for free aswell. So can't grumble.

gkidd44

I like them all

they are ok 2 map i hate liberation and downturn the new maps seem to be camped out alot even after the new map week were ppl play camped i would like to see some old maps back the new maps just dont reach out to me as much anymore well up to now anyways my fav new map is overwatch

Overwatch is by far the best map of the bunch. Piazza and Black Box are meh. As stated previously they are extremely campy. Liberation is pretty bad.

Pro Tip: run thermal on black box

I like black box (vaguely reminds me of a cod1 map) and the two spec ops missions but I still just play the stock maps tbh. There are a couple others I dont mind but Dome and Hardhat are the only really good maps in the whole game.

I hope they are going to release some mw1 and mw2 maps. its not like it would cost much to move them all over to mw3.

Mecha75

Liberation - sucks.  long lines of sites and the so-called area they included for CQC is unreachable because of all the snipers (sniping is not camping).  Really slows the game play down

Piazza - is not really that bad and it is better then half the stock maps.  The camping spots are predictible and reachable by several paths so it's not like you are forced to take out those campers head on.

Overwatch - is just down right fun for the run and gunners.  Here is a tip, only use the stairs to go up as you have a million and a half places to drop down from so use those.

Blackbox - Probably the best map in the bunch as it can be played via multiple ways.  For sniping, I do like the tip that you should use a thermal.  I use that on an L86 LMG for that map and I typically do well.  You can also run and gun the perimeter areas (suicide to go up the middle, but it can be done) and get behind those campy areas to take out those snipers.

I welcome the variety and addition of all the new maps however when playing my key game type team defender I have come to notice that the dlc maps seem to lack flow. I'm not sure of its just me or if others feel the same.

I welcome the variety and addition of all the new maps however when playing my key game type team defender I have come to notice that the dlc maps seem to lack flow. I'm not sure of its just me or if others feel the same.

personally i feel the new maps are awfull and a very poor attempt at improving the game.

I like the new maps. I hate all the continuous complaints for every piece of sh.t!

You could have watched some videos and had a chance not buy them if you don't like!

Izjar11

New maps are decent, you need to figure out the routes and ins and outs of them. Wasteland was a fun map it would be cool to see something as open in MW3.

Liberation and Black Box are absolutely terrible. They could be good maps, but if you try and move you get sniped almost immediately. I'm hoping they're like Hazard from Black Ops, and people eventually put down the sniper rifles and start moving around.

Piazza has the potential to be a really good map, but the spawns for Kill Confirmed on that map are absolutely brutal. I've run down stairs wiping out 2-3 guys, only to have them spawn at the top of the stairs and shoot me in the back so many times. I don't know if its just me, but the spawns are just unbearable on that map.

Overwatch is a good map, and I think its one of the best maps in the game simply because its so simple. Its pretty much just a giant circle with a hallway through the middle. Theres no crap piled up in the middle and very few obstructions.

I've watched some videos of Sanctuary and Foundation, and they look pretty good.

I like them all except piazza.

SULLY130EighT

I like them all. But a couple dont belong in FFA.

r8edtripx

wec2010 wrote:

Downloaded the elite drops over past few months (I'm on elite), and wondered what other people think. Personally I like most of the new maps better than the ones you get with the game. Seem better designed etc to me, not quite a clausterphobic and cluttered. Wish we could have some maps designed like the first MW games though. Miss the bigger maps and more open ones like wasteland etc.

Liberation sucks.

Piazza is cool.

Blackbox sucks.

Overwatch is cool.

Foundation sucks.

Sanctuary is cool.

I welcome the idea of new maps of course variety is always a good thing to have in any game however after playing the new maps it seemed to me that they lacked flow, did anyone else see this?

opb81

overwatch and piazza I like, liberation is one of my least favorite in the game and the jury is still out on black box right now I am not a fan of it in objective game modes as it promotes camping and sniping, but it is ok for tdm.

I don't think they are worth buying even though all the maps you get for free are really bad.. i might buy the foundation because it will have 6 maps..

Mediocre, I do not know why but MW2 maps were the most enjoyable FOR ME. If they just came out with like 3 MW2 maps per map pack I think it would be worth it! ( We need another map like Shipment for COD 4 )

MW3 Maps were a dissapointment!