1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 50 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2012 2:49 AM by TheRandyNinja Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: How to really fix cod and the beloved series !

dedicated servers dont work if you go on battlefield you will see all the servers that are uk based full of americans and europeans, 90% of the time they will be like gods in the server because of the lag comp be the top scores and these servers you can actually pick to join. All games will 100% better if games are keep local, so french play french, uk play uk etc, this would fix most lag issues within the game.

• 31. Re: How to really fix cod and the beloved series !
    deucedouglas

They should bring IW in to help brainstorm for Black Ops 2....and then take whatever they come up with, make sure it isn't in the game and in most cases, do the exact opposite of what the people from IW came up with.

• 32. Re: How to really fix cod and the beloved series !

I loled a little. Nicely done.

• 33. Re: How to really fix cod and the beloved series !
    starbuckfrack

opdrams19 wrote:

I don't know much about networking, dedicated servers, bandwidth, packet loss and other such things.

But I do know this...I would rather pay a monthly fee to play COD.

Crazy you say?  Think about this...how many people would pay to play if the service did not work for them?

My point of view is it would be FINANCIAL motivation for the developers to provide a WORKING product.

Not the "money up front..oh, it doesn't work-too bad for you" model currently in place.

By the way, I have learned wayyyyy more about computer networking than I ever wanted to from this game, which again, is still not much.

Problem being with a monthly charge.

Think of it like we went back in the past and MW3 was just released. The game was bought by tons of people. The game had poor netcode from day one.

Do you really think that getting 10 bucks a month is going to get us better net code or will it be used for keeping up the servers ?

The net code in MW3 was realeased virtually untested. So WE became the test subjects.

Once we bought the game and it was realeased and we paid our monthly fee HOW in the world are they going to be able to recode the game ? Drop it for two months and charges us no monthly fee but STILL keep our 60 bucks ? And do you think it would work THEN ?

• 34. Re: How to really fix cod and the beloved series !
    starbuckfrack

deucedouglas wrote:

They should bring IW in to help brainstorm for Black Ops 2....and then take whatever they come up with, make sure it isn't in the game and in most cases, do the exact opposite of what the people from IW came up with.

You mean like when my wife asks "Which is better red shirt or yellow shirt ?"

I say Red and she picks yellow .

• 35. Re: How to really fix cod and the beloved series !

I have made suggestions about ways of improving COD in another thread and rather than repeat myself I will just add a link.

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200388758

A very interesting discussion that is going on here though

• 36. Re: How to really fix cod and the beloved series !
    starbuckfrack

Smokin1 wrote:

I have made suggestions about ways of improving COD in another thread and rather than repeat myself I will just add a link.

Before I start reading further...

That link that has another link in the first post...

Will that lead to more links ?

I was just wondering if I should get ready to open up twenty other tabs

• 37. Re: How to really fix cod and the beloved series !
    starbuckfrack

Smokin1 wrote:

I am adding your thoghts here as not to have 100 other threads when this one is live at the moment.

New Game Engine ? As you mentioned they are a corporation. They wont need to make another engine when this one still can do what they need. Which is break records. They might have a new engine for the next xbox but why spend money developing a new one when this one fills their needs.

As for why not have 50 maps now and add 50 more in DLC ? Well first of all the cost of the game itself.

Just to have 16 maps cost us 60 dollars. Now if you have 50 maps then who is going to pay at least 150 dollars up front for a video game with 50 maps.

Then you get the same old complaints about how all these maps suck.

Then you will have the case that even IF someone were to pay 150 dollars for a game with 50 maps then WHY buy extra maps for DLC. You want more maps then go play a different COD game.

Then add the cost of 300 percent more payroll and possibly software licenses for the other people who need to model and do the artwork, etc.

And then 6 multiplayer careers ? You mean 6 new maps and campaigns. again you will then have to make the game cost at least 200 bucks to make up for payroll, etc.

and remaking a complete game engine from scratch cost a TON of time and money. Which its quite possible they have already started at least a year or two ago making the engine to work for the next Xbox. But its actually very intensive and expesive to make on from scratch when you just build on someone elses game engine.

• 38. Re: How to really fix cod and the beloved series !
    starbuckfrack

starbuckfrack wrote:

Smokin1 wrote:

Before I start reading further...

That link that has another link in the first post...

Will that lead to more links ?

I was just wondering if I should get ready to open up twenty other tabs

Thats funny. I followed the next link which led to a THIRD (or FOURTH) link.

The point about an ultimate COD with all the previous maps COULD be done if they want to release maps from older games with JUST MW3 as the base.

But I doubt they will do it and release those maps with the present Xbox.

They havent said anything yet in THIS version. And when they released the "golf map" (cliffside ?) they even said many times before it was a revisioned version of the old map.

People bought it and STILL cried because it was an old map rehashed even though they knew what they were buying.

So making a new COD game with all the old maps will very likely fail because everyone will be complaining that they want a refund because its the old maps "rehashed".

BTW they do sell an Ultimate Version that has 3 of the COD games in a bundle.

Me, I would still pay to see the old maps released in Black Ops or in MW3. Only problem is I would like to see them released upon the START of the game or a few months after. I wouldnt like to be getting the maps for example one month before the next COD is released.

• 39. Re: How to really fix cod and the beloved series !
    maccabi

deucedouglas wrote:

this could possibly be my vote for reply of the year so far on the forums