10 Replies Latest reply: Apr 12, 2012 8:04 AM by DLuNdEbJeRg28 RSS

I understand money is involved but c'mon!

Izjar11

I was checking out what X-Box users talk about and how different we PS3 are and well the first post I see is :

Playlist update to improve matchmaking for those in low Xbox 360 MW3 player territories went live at 2am PST this morning

Hello all,

Last night after consultation with our colleagues at Microsoft we pushed a change to the playlists that we hope improved matchmaking for those players in countries or territories with a low Xbox 360 MW3 playing population.

Could anyone previously suffering from this issue please report if this has improved the situation as we hope?

Regards,

G IH A IN ID II

It gives me the impression that they (X-Box) are getting specialized attention, and we can argue it has to do with the contract and the DLC release dates but improved service? C'mon!

• Re: I understand money is involved but c'mon!
    acrididae

This is coming from an Xbox player, but honestly, it has nothing to do with that. Xboxes are easily hacked considering how long it took that hack to go through and ruin the PS3 network, if you do remember you having to go about a month and a half with out enjoying your favorite games, right? Well, it's not specialized attention. It's hackers continuing to flood into the game, and ruin leaderboards,  with their mods, and lag switches just so they can feel like a good player and have a good time. Just be proud that that contract is now null and void seeing as how it was only purchased through to '12. So, expect the next Call of Duty Title to arrive on all platforms at the same time. It's nothing to do with special treatment, we're more like the guinea pigs to the experiments. Cheers, and enjoy the good gaming you're probably having on the PS3 network.

Izjar11

I wrote this awhile ago and do not feel the same, I guess I was being influenced at the time by the amount of complaints on the forums. Cheers!

rustyroot

I agree with a lot of what you say however if you really believe that the Xbox Microsoft contract is null and void as we are getting through 2012, then I think your being a little naive mate.

Playstation has reported the biggest loses ever, are they going to offer anything to Activision to please the ps3 community, no. They are getting rid of 10,000 jobs.

Microsoft will pick up the contract again and see it into the coming years and the PS3 community will still be playing second fiddle to the hackbox.

Izjar11

To rustyroot: You are correct about sony but the details are :

"Faced with mounting losses, Sony Corp. said Thursday it will slash 10,000 jobs, or about 6 percent of its global workforce, and try to turn around its money-losing TV business over the next two years."

Allot can happen between today to December. We will see.

I think you're wrong about another deal not happening.

Microsoft seems to be willing to pay for exclusive content, Sony pays for exclusive titles. Thats been the past trend and I don't see that changing.

I think for the next title Elite may cancel out the contract, but as far as non elite players go, I can see the same thing happening again.

That being said, just becuase we aren't getting the DLC at the same time, I don't think the PS3 community is getting the shaft. The patches not coming out at the same time is becuase Sony's approval process is much longer, and has very little to do with favortism toward a certain console. I played on the XBox when I was younger (W@W and MW2) and I can honestly tell you I have more fun with the PS3 and thats why I continue to play on it.

Izjar11

Why is it funner on the PS3? Just curious.

I've found the players on PS3 as a whole are much better. The top of the lobby in an XBox game are very good, but the bottom of the lobby is absolutely terrible. Guys are consistently going 1-20 every single match and truly suck at the game.

The top of the lobby isn't near as good on PS3, but the overall competition is much better.

DLuNdEbJeRg28 wrote:

I think for the next title Elite may cancel out the contract, but as far as non elite players go, I can see the same thing happening again.

I don't expect Elite to cancel out any contracts. MS knows all about Elite and whatever plans might be in the works to curcumvent the exclusivity contract. They'll make sure they're still getting what they're paying for when it comes to exclusive content for their users.

rustyroot

Not sure if your replying to me or the guy above, I fully expect the Microsoft DLC deal to get renewed mate as my post states.

If and when this happens, regardless of what we get told by Activision, Elite 2.0 DLC will hit Xbox first, irrelevant if PS3 gamers subscribe to premium.

Why would Xbox allow PS3 to get DLC at the same time as Xbox, defeats the object of the contract. What you subscribe to is 1 year of free DLC dropping each month and getting it before the non elite premium members on your specific console.

I guess you just need to forget completely about Xbox and focus on just the Playstation community for this to feel right.

Sorry if I've digressed from the topic.

Maybe you're right, and maybe the XBox will still get their content first, but I guarantee you something with Elite will shorten that time window.

You're dead wrong about needing to forget XBox, you just need a solid business understanding to realize whats going on. Microsoft pays, they will get preferential treatment. Say you go to a resturant. You and another party are at seprate tables. For arguments sake that other party and you are regulars at the resturant. The other party tips 10% regularly, you tip 20% regularly. Is it wrong for that waitress to pay more attention to you?

You say PS3 isn't being treated fair, I say Activision is simply focusing on where the most money is coming from. Its business 101, as much as I dislike waiting an extra month for DLC, Sony turned down the contract (they were offered this deal before Microsoft was) and Microsoft chose to pay