1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 65 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2012 9:14 AM by stonculd Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: GB (MLG) Variant Settings & Rules
    Rednecksniper39

its not about if it would hurt the community or not. its about how it will help. by taking the time and money to set up a play list for .1% or the COD community they are taking time and money away from things that are 100% more important.

• 41. Re: GB (MLG) Variant Settings & Rules
    virtualvirus

The OP started this thread to shed some light on Competitive gaming such as the GB/MLG ruleset. His original post had nothing to do with asking for Lan settings or a competitive playlist to be put in like it was in Blops.

• 42. Re: GB (MLG) Variant Settings & Rules
    reformedplayer

funny I play pub matches all day every day.... don't matter who I play... when I play.. bring it... just make sure they stick around..

so what makes them pro's? the fact that they play GB or are in MLG?

or just because you say so?

• 43. Re: GB (MLG) Variant Settings & Rules
    trialstardragon

I do play the game I am not always on teh forums like you think. Plus its my hobby to come here and make sure the kiddies get the proper teachings if the Dragon/Troll on a daily basis. Except when the powers that be decide I need a break and which time I take it and am grateful for the rest during those times.

Even T1 players can be beat by the average player. Because T1 players need a set of rules to play by; where the average player does not and can be random and unpredictable. Something that the T1 player can not easily handle or deal with.

Plus I do not do challenges, for challenges are for kiddies that think this is more than just a means of entertainment and a sport when in reality it is no such thing. Video games are not sports and never will be. Even if one group aka MLG tries to make them sound like they are to all the kiddies that probably can not play real sports. So need a place to feel special and can be a star too because in the real world they are nothing but a kid to everyone else.

• 44. Re: GB (MLG) Variant Settings & Rules
    trialstardragon

If you take notice most players on this forum do not care about GB or MLG rules and so posting them here was a waste of space and time. It was not going to draw players over to MLG or GB or make them any more accepted in how they play with their very limited rules.

His post and how he came off makes him sound like a elitist prick that thinks he is some how better than any one else just because he plays a video game with a limited set of rules and available items.

And as I have pointed out before in numerous threads, if MLG was so great and so liked and so respected and wants to help gaming out so much. Why have they not ever hired their own developer team to make a game just around MLG rules? The simple reason it that it would sell horrribly compared to the major titles. And it would probably cost more more to make the game than it would ever make in sales. Which proves MLG has to leech of other titles. Which proves MLG needs those titles more than those titles need MLG.

• 45. Re: GB (MLG) Variant Settings & Rules
    Rednecksniper39

last sentence is all that needs to be said

• 46. Re: GB (MLG) Variant Settings & Rules
    trialstardragon

It is because MLG tries to get people to think that playing video games with a limited set of rules is more professional than playing the full game as it was meant to be played.

Beacuse MLG players think they are the creme of the crop because they pay to be in the league and tournaments. Beacsue MLG makes little kiddies think that playing video games is an E-sport and it is not a sport of any kind. Video games will never be taken or accepted as a real sport ever and MLG players can not handle this fact of life. Because it means all their time thinking they were a sports star was just a lie. When all the really were was some coporate heads toy boy making them more money fo twidling their fingers around a controller and tell them it was a sport so be proud about playing it.

Because eveyone in this world now thinks they have to be good at something and have a chance at their own 15 minutes of fame and stardom. Because life has to be fair and balanced because mommy told them so.

• 47. Re: GB (MLG) Variant Settings & Rules
    virtualvirus

Damn your salty. 

I will agree the majority of the MLG community doesn't help itself with the way they act. The wannabe pro's and the bottom tier pro's of MLG are mostly kids who have ego problems.  Most of the established T1 players will even say the MLG community has a lot of growing up to do.

With that being said there is more to competitive COD then just MLG. MLG is just one league. Yes it's the largest but also remember COD as of right now isn't on the MLG pro circuit. Without COD on the pro circuit there will be no such thing as a MLG pro COD player.  Everyone regardless of their pass success in MLG events their MLG pro status is gone. The only guys who can call themselves competitive pro's are those who are paid by sponsors & gaming organizations to practice and attend events. Win or lose they are still paid to play.

As for GB's aka Gamebattles I can't defend that in any fashion. The site is filled with cheaters, cry babies and wannabe pro gamers. Once you get past all the idiot kids on GB you have to deal with the site itself which is a headache to say the least.  If your looking to make some money you can enter their paid tournaments. Only problem with that is they only pay out 40% of the money they take in. It's the biggest scam of any online tournament site.  I much rather support sites like 360 icons, CSN, ESFI and Beyond Gaming when it comes to online tournaments.

There are some good people involved with competitive gaming. They are trying to fix the communities problems but it's difficult when the majority is 14-18 year olds with big heads and ADHD.

• 48. Re: GB (MLG) Variant Settings & Rules

trialstardragon wrote:

Beacuse MLG players think they are the creme of the crop because they pay to be in the league and tournaments. Beacsue MLG makes little kiddies think that playing video games is an E-sport and it is not a sport of any kind. Video games will never be taken or accepted as a real sport ever and MLG players can not handle this fact of life. Because it means all their time thinking they were a sports star was just a lie. When all the really were was some coporate heads toy boy making them more money fo twidling their fingers around a controller and tell them it was a sport so be proud about playing it.

lol... summed up nicely

the problem is with guys like ksharp or fatality (not even attempting to spell it in nerd)

they were the few exceptions... the ones with enough brains and ability to make a living off of gaming.... i remember watching coverage of them at CPL or whatever...

was interested simply because after years of playing, you knew who these people were.. they won cal-i every year, CPL etc... i played with ksharp online and the dude was unreal!! actually wanted to see him do it live to know he wasnt cheating!! lol

but companies like MLG exploit those cases.... making kids think they can do it too when it just isnt going to happen... these handful of players dominated their game for years... and the full game, not a limited version of it.... and it wasnt some noob-friendly game like mw3 to begin with... it actually took some ability... not spray and pray on a 4g connection..

• 49. Re: GB (MLG) Variant Settings & Rules

I am just wondering, if the ACTUAL MLG pros are so "bad" not capable of dealing with pub rules, why did an MLG Pro team win Cod Xp?  Surely the almighty cod forum dwelling public match players should have crushed the mlg pros, as this tournament used a ruleset which did not restrict loadouts. 

EDIT: WOW I just had to respond to the dumbest post I have ever seen on a forum, guy in this thread had the nerve to say Kobe and Lebron aren't best at basketball currently?  Random guys in NYC courts would beat them LOL?  Astounding the level of stupidity.....

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next