1 371 372 373 374 375 Previous Next 12,156 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 5:44 PM by iif0xh0undii Go to original post RSS
  • 3,720. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

esmorgue wrote:

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/100588657

The part of the community that is worried about network performance issues has a need for improvements

Here's another on the Xbox 360 side (currently up to 90 pages):

http://www.callofduty.com/thread/100572533

• 3,721. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    primey0

Any chance you could decrease the chances of getting a sniper gametype in Infection?

It's all I get now in infection and is starting to annoy me.

• 3,722. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

I feel you.

I CONSISTENTLY have an 8ms ping (25/5 up/down) and I never feel like the game is in sync for me. The only time I have good games is when I play at my girlfriends house on my old xbox - where I have 16ms ping.

I want to know WHY I get entered into 75ms lobbies and get creamed by 3 bar players. Even in 50ms lobbies I struggle.

I have to constantly back out of matches when I not only empty entire clips, but whif on a KNIFE! My favorite part is watching the kill cam and the person dances around me, comes up from behind me and scores either an easy headshot or a knife.

I keep track of my assists on Elite and throughout the match, because this is a big indication of when I am hosting. On a bad match, I have seen as high as 16 assists.

I know, I know....aim better right? I am right up there with my friends on the leaderboards with a decent hit percentage (16%) - but when you get six hitmarkers per clip, or fire at an enemy only to have a teammate take them down how do you stop that?

I've wanted to post here for a while, but I only JUST figured out how to fix my stupid account.

Hopefully G IH A IN ID II takes us SUPER LOW ping players into account. I've not resorted to nerfing my connection, but the thought HAS crossed my mind.

• 3,723. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    nuttin2say

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

baddress wrote:

@ G IH A IN ID II

One more thing, a possible bug, I've noticed that I can't activate my care packages for 2-3 seconds after they've dropped. If I run right up to it I need to stand there for at least 1-2 seconds until I can hit X and get a response. I don't know if that intentional, related to lag, or some other issue.

Thanks again you're the best

Forwarding bug to the MP team.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

Hell I've been seeing that for weeks. I thought there was supposed to be a delay like that because its so easy to spam care packages.

• 3,724. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

dedicatedserversplease wrote:

hindoru wrote:

They're implementing a new feature to turn off music in the future. Please make sure to read any updates before you request something that's already been addressed before, so the devs don't have to comb thorough all of these responses.

Do you know something that we do not know, if so please present the proof.  They are not implementing that at all, that statement is absolutely incorrect.  All we have heard is that they are "remixing" the music as of now and then checking feedback.  If that is not enough, then they were considering a LOBBY music mute option.  Nothing at all about in game music being able to be turned off.  Please check your facts before posting.  Thanks Pete

dedicatedserversplease describes our current plan perfectly.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 3,725. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

nuttin2say wrote:

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

baddress wrote:

@ G IH A IN ID II

One more thing, a possible bug, I've noticed that I can't activate my care packages for 2-3 seconds after they've dropped. If I run right up to it I need to stand there for at least 1-2 seconds until I can hit X and get a response. I don't know if that intentional, related to lag, or some other issue.

Thanks again you're the best

Forwarding bug to the MP team.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

Hell I've been seeing that for weeks. I thought there was supposed to be a delay like that because its so easy to spam care packages.

I heard back from the team. This is not a bug. The physics need to settle before the care package is usable.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 3,726. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

Hey G IH A IN ID II, do you remember saying you would post the tweaked stats for the Spas-12, AA-12 and Model 1887 (the ones that were changed in TU8)?

Don't mean to be rude, but are you ever going to?

• 3,727. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

However, the two games make very different demands on the networking code.

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

Hello bosskoms,

The short and simple answer is it's a different game.

We have different game modes, different weapons, different killstreaks in the air and on the ground. Almost twice as many to choose from than in MW2.

Many more objects can be placed in this game (IMS, Trophy, Portable Scrambler, SAM turrets, air drop traps, bouncing betties).

The Support strike package means that many more people than in MW2 are getting kill streaks, increasing the likelihood that streak awards can be triggered at the same time.

The reasons are many and varied. These are just a handful.

I hope this answers your question. As I said before, however, we'll continue to optimize the game on an ongoing basis wherever we see opportunity.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

So are you saying that the netcode is so broken because you added too much crap and that made it too demanding for the netcode. Basically, you can't fix it?

Why did you choose to give the advantage to people with crap connections? Wouldn't it make more sense that the game played well for people who have adequate connections for playing the game. Is this a business decision? Keeping the kids with crap connections (the majority) happy with DLC sales in mind?

• 3,728. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    nuttin2say

Tchael wrote:

@nuttin2say

But not all high prestiges are boosters...nor are all prestigers good at the game <_<.... I know a few 9/10 prestigers who couldn't get an AC130 to save their life... let alone 1,000 kills in an AC130 for the challenge.

Yeah.

Its hard to do. But it can be done. Change up the way you play until figure it out.

BTW ... kills via kill streaks obtained via Care Packages?

They count toward the challenge. The only Prestige Challenge that is hard to do is the one that involves dropping crates on opponents. Picking up grenades was a challenge for me, too, but I got it done. Just took a while.

On the flip side of the coin, there literally is no challenge to climbing prestiges. The only thing hard about it is that for the first few levels you don't have many options for weapons and perks.

But if that's the challenge you like, then just set your classes up differently.

Try getting 500 headshots with a USP. That's a challenge. The crates, like I said, are a challenge.

You learn the difficulties and strengths of a lot of aspects of the game by completing challenges. What do you learn by doing another prestige?

Besides, that's what your reset token was for with 10th prestige.

If we're going to get more prestige levels (which I sincerely doubt) then we should get a new badge every time we re-finish a challenge. Example - 1000 silencer kill = 1 badge, 2000 silencer kills = another badge, etc, etc.

• 3,729. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    nuttin2say

@ G IH A IN ID II

Thanks.

I did not know the reason there was a delay before taking care packages ... I just knew there was and I figured there was probably a reason for it.

That's why I did not report it as a bug.

(Which is also why I keep saying people need to complete challenges before they claim to fully understand how an element of the game works. This "delay" is needed or, believe it or not, Care Packages would be waaaay OP.)