39 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2012 10:30 PM by Bmac223 RSS

Headsets

How can I use a headset on Xbox just to listen to the sound of the game? What would be the best headset to listin to the game?

Thank You

• Re: Headsets

Do you mean a Turtle Beach Headset? Be more specific.

siberia v2 + astro mixamp

jwaller123

If they are turtle beach (like mine) then all you have to do is plug in the red and white cords into the audio out on your tv. Then plug the USB into the front of your xbox and VIOLA....instant stereo sound. This is how mine have been hooked up since day one. Oh...the xbox does not have to be on to do this.

Best headset = Astro A40's or go with what RaMBo said. Turtle Beaches and Trittons are both made out of cheap plastics and tend to brake easily.. Specially the cheaper ones (50-100). Even my Tritton AXPros which are the best Tritton's broke within a week.

best headset = nice pair of headphones with good soundstage + astro mixamp + mic.

i'd suggest ath ad700s which you can get for around $100.

Don't get overpriced A40's for the mlg logo and for the love of god do not buy beats

Not overpriced at all. Just because one cannot afford them does not mean they are overpriced. They probably have the best build quality out of any gaming headset.

dedicatedserversplease

OCD, he means that they are basically worth about 30-40 dollars if purchased seperately and priced according to the quality of the drivers and soundstage.  If you combine the quality of the Audio Technica AD700's which have one of the largest soundstages available(soundstage= accurate positioning), there is no comparison and it is cheaper.  The only reason the A40 costs more is because of the MLG name being placed on the headphones.  This is fact, not opinion.  I have over a dozen headphones because I am an audiophile.  I myself prefer Beyer Dynamics DT990 (600OHM) but those cost 330.00 just for the headphones themselves.

Many people are happy with the A40's, but I look to get the most out of my money, and that is definately not going to happen if you buy the package deal.  You are most definately better off buying the Mixamp and a pair of quality headphones, it will run you about the same amount but the difference in sound will be astounding. As with any headphones, they do take 40 hours or so for break in before they are sounding their best.  Another headset that is priced reasonably well is the Sennheiser PC360 matched with the mixamp.

not about affording them at all. it's about getting the most for your money to fit your needs. For gaming soundstage is the best quality in a headset i.e. being able to pinpoint sounds around you. The A40's+mixamp are 250$, you could buy the mixamp for 130$ and grab a pair of 120$~ audiophile headphones with a much larger soundstage and build quality. Example ad700's as i suggested earlier.

For his question of best headset for this game Dedicated gave the best advice possible. Everyone looking to burn $200+ on a gaming headset would better themselves by reading it before purchasing.

dedicatedserversplease wrote:

OCD, he means that they are basically worth about 30-40 dollars if purchased seperately and priced according to the quality of the drivers and soundstage.  If you combine the quality of the Audio Technica AD700's which have one of the largest soundstages available(soundstage= accurate positioning), there is no comparison and it is cheaper.  The only reason the A40 costs more is because of the MLG name being placed on the headphones.  This is fact, not opinion.  I have over a dozen headphones because I am an audiophile.  I myself prefer Beyer Dynamics DT990 (600OHM) but those cost 330.00 just for the headphones themselves.

Many people are happy with the A40's, but I look to get the most out of my money, and that is definately not going to happen if you buy the package deal.  You are most definately better off buying the Mixamp and a pair of quality headphones, it will run you about the same amount but the difference in sound will be astounding. As with any headphones, they do take 40 hours or so for break in before they are sounding their best.  Another headset that is priced reasonably well is the Sennheiser PC360 matched with the mixamp.

Go into game settings and turn down the volume/s of everything else. You could always mute your mic and that will eliminate voice, but if you wanna get rid of music too, go into settings.

gallp13

TB X41 or TB Delta for that.....5 star treatment ;)

nWoshadowasasin

Astro Mixamp, A700 (I liked closed), Califone gooseneck mic works for me.

If you want great quality surround sound and you aren't bothered about the chat, then

Turtle Beach X41s

are probably the best quality and value for money gaming headphones you will find...

AND THEY ARE FULLY WIRELESS if you don't want game chat...

I've had mine for several years now without issue, and I've thrown them around a couple of times too. I bought them for £170 when they were fresh out, but these days you can pick them up for £80 - £90...

My only small issue with them is I do like to chat so a single "Chat lead" is used from Controller to Headset...

Buy a battery charger and some AAAs as they are wireless and they'll eat 2 AAA batts in a day...

Hope that helps...

BTW, I have nothing at all to gain from this advice...

ghostsniper2010

Astro A-40 with a wired or wireless mix amp

indy56

Had my Turtle Beach  PX5s for almost a year now, best gaming headset i have ever owned,saved hard for them which was well worth the money,

zingaa

I'm going to bump this thread, my Tritton 720's have been failing and is frustrating me to the extreme, Tritton has fedex me parts and still every few months it starts to crackle on mic really loud and I have to use my cheesy $15.00 one...

I'm looking for ingame sound and chat, thinking of going wireless this time around..

obzi

Astros seem the way to go if your after quality so that's my next purchase, anyone here with experience of wired vs wireless on this headset?

Wireless would be my preference but what about battery life, background noise, etc?

I also prefer the Audio Technica Ad 700s with a labtec mic through the Astro Mixamp, The Ad 700s have a fairly flat response so important in game sounds arent smothered by excessive bass and the soundstage is huge giving a better perception of enemy location/footsteps.

dummys who try to sneak up on me from behind or knife me in the back get turned on all the time.

I also prefer the Audio Technica Ad 700s with a labtec mic through the Astro Mixamp, The Ad 700s have a fairly flat response so important in game sounds arent smothered by excessive bass and the soundstage is huge giving a better perception of enemy location/footsteps.

Dumb Dumbs who try to sneak up on me from behind or knife me in the back get turned on all the time.

Bmac223

I have been hearing good things about the TB x42. Would it be worth it to spring for those or go for the x41? I don't mean to steal this thread, just trying to piggy back.