1 271 272 273 274 275 Previous Next 12,156 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 5:44 PM by iif0xh0undii Go to original post RSS
  • 2,720. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

Apologies but I forgot who asked this question.

The fixing of Akimbo fire rate on PC will go live tomorrow at 11am PST. The shotguns have the same values as the console versions.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 2,721. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    technical

G IH A IN ID II, here are my questions:

Even I can see a bunch of ways to help solving the problem:

1) Compare network part code between MW2 and MW3.

2) Start a poll and let people post their details about connection. Including everything, e.g. "do you have your account linked to Call of Duty ELITE", "are you signed in Facebook in the game", "do you have your theater enabled" and etc. Reward people for participating by 15 minutes of Double XP.

3) Have some testers play with people who experience lag problems.

DO SOMETHING.

I'm serious about making a survey, I've already found a nice software for it. No database required, it's made with Flash and uses XML-files as storage.

Oh, sorry. It requires a SQL database to store the data. Meh, developers these days. Message was edited by: technical

• 2,722. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

technical wrote:

G IH A IN ID II, please consider to reply to our previous posts as you promised. And by the way, have you ever thought that it has something to do with the client rather than network? That's why we need a poll as I suggested. What if the model of XBOX matters? I know, XBOX S have different hardware with the same specs as the previous.

We can't just guess. We need this sorted out. In a smart way.

roachoutro, technical and esmorgue,

I spoke at length with the network engineering team at IW today.

In order to get to the bottom of the problem for those consistently suffering from lag issues the team proposed a way the community could help us determine what is occurring.

If you fall into this category and have the ability to capture quality live streamed footage, not theater replays, of 20 seconds before and after a WTF lag event, or better still an entire game where you are experiencing issues could you please PM me a link to the video (not post it to the forum) and upload the associated theater replay to your online vault so the team can grab it.

I suggest we start with Xbox first since this has the most up to date net code balance parameters and follow on PS3 once the upcoming patch goes live.

Would people be willing to participate in this excercise? I assure you we want to make the net code balanced for all.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 2,723. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    technical

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

technical wrote:

G IH A IN ID II, please consider to reply to our previous posts as you promised. And by the way, have you ever thought that it has something to do with the client rather than network? That's why we need a poll as I suggested. What if the model of XBOX matters? I know, XBOX S have different hardware with the same specs as the previous.

We can't just guess. We need this sorted out. In a smart way.

roachoutro, technical and esmorgue,

I spoke at length with the network engineering team at IW today.

In order to get to the bottom of the problem for those consistently suffering from lag issues the team proposed a way the community could help us determine what is occurring.

If you fall into this category and have the ability to capture quality live streamed footage, not theater replays, of 20 seconds before and after a WTF lag event, or better still an entire game where you are experiencing issues could you please PM me a link to the video (not post it to the forum) and upload the associated theater replay to your online vault so the team can grab it.

I suggest we start with Xbox first since this has the most up to date net code balance parameters and follow on PS3 once the upcoming patch goes live.

Would people be willing to participate in this excercise? I assure you we want to make the net code balanced for all.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

Nice idea overall. Now we need to fix one problem before we start. We need everyone to see this. Make a sticky, Or ingame announcement. And please reply to a PM I gonna write you now.

• 2,724. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

dedicatedserversplease wrote:

Hi Ghandi-

Thanks for the clarification you provided.  So, in other words, this patch does NOT need to wait until the DLC and can be released prior to PS3 receiving the DLC?  Also any word on the Dead Silence issue I posted about. Thanks Peter

See below response from QA.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

We tested this on MW2 using Ninja Pro and Commando Pro. If a player is using Ninja Pro and falls at a height that allows them to take any amount of damage they will hear the crunch sound (or landing sound). When using Ninja Pro they will also take said damage.

If they use Commando Pro and fall any distance they will hear a sound but will not take any damage.

On MW3 the perk Dead Silence Pro combines two different elements from Ninja Pro (Silent Footsteps) and Commando Pro (No Fall Damage). A player will not take any damage when falling, but will make a sound when they land.

• 2,725. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

G IH A IN ID II  Is there any reason why we can't have the same matchmaking/lag balancing system as Modern Warfare 2? That was the last working Call of Duty game for most people and it's a shame that somebody decided to break a perfectly working system.

• 2,726. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

There has been many times my connection is registering a 3 to 4 bar and not one of my bullets register to an enemy which is 5 feet in front of my face.

• 2,727. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

That's a good idea G IH A IN ID II. Any news about the spawn system? Spawning next to enemies or directly in the path of rushers can be very annoying.

• 2,728. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    roachoutro

markocc wrote:

G IH A IN ID II  Is there any reason why we can't have the same matchmaking/lag balancing system as Modern Warfare 2? That was the last working Call of Duty game for most people and it's a shame that somebody decided to break a perfectly working system.

This.

• 2,729. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

Chairman Meow wrote:

That's a good idea G IH A IN ID II. Any news about the spawn system? Spawning next to enemies or directly in the path of rushers can be very annoying.

More work is currently under way on the spawn system.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II