2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 25, 2011 1:01 AM by jcool66 RSS

[GUIDE] HOW TO EASILY OPEN YOUR NAT.

Hello fellow COD players and members,

Recently I have gotten sick of my NAT type as Moderate and it always affecting the matchmaking, (it sometimes took minutes!) I tried many solutions and none worked for me, I fiddled around with the router's settings and discovered this.

1. Enter your router or modem's IP address into the address bar at the top of the page.

2. Enter your username and password, by default admin is usually the username, password or admin is usually the default password.

3. Find your DMZ settings, these should be located under Wireless Settings or something similar to that.

---IF USING ONLY A ROUTER SKIP THIS STEP---

4. Change the router's default DMZ address to your Xbox's IP address (found under the Network Settings by going to the System blade, choosing Network Settings and choosing Configure Settings.)

5. Change the modem's default DMZ address to your Xbox's IP address.

6. Restart the router and/or modem and the Xbox, once everything is back online, test the connection to make sure it works, if not;

7. Make sure that under that same tab on your router/modems settings that NAT is disable or on Open.

If these steps do not work for you, reply here and I will find a way to assist you.